• I have before, but not anymore

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • No, never

Votes: 91 37.3%

• Total voters

aid-90

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a furygan warrior jacket with a d30 gel back protector. it also features gel armour in the shoulders. overall the quality in the armour seems much more advanced than my older spada jacket which i had before this.
thankfully i havent had to test out the armour

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Currently wear an icon field armor back protector, looking a the dainese WTpro jacket this summer for the integrated back/chest protector and neck protector, no such thing as too much safety and I like the fat that it can be worn under other jackets. Does anyone have any experience with this armor package (that seems to be about all it is, armor and a chassis for it)

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread made me go check my jacket. It has CE certified spine, shoulder, and elbow armor. All of it's removable for washing, so some people's post has be thinking about upgrading the spine protection.

Thanks for the Wiki link pookamatic, that's useful information.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
tbh after my recent crash i'm thinking about upgrading to an airbag vest

back was fine, but my shoulders are messed up. i was wearing level 2 chest and back protectors when i crashed

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
Have Wave G1 from Dainese in my jacket always.
Dainese_Wave_G1_detail.jpg

Plus 1
It goes in both my jackets

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
my jacket has CE approved impact protection pads so, they are OK for me
plus I don't want to look like the hunchback of Notre dame with something like this strapped to my back :)

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
Currently wear an icon field armor back protector, looking a the dainese WTpro jacket this summer for the integrated back/chest protector and neck protector, no such thing as too much safety and I like the fat that it can be worn under other jackets. Does anyone have any experience with this armor package (that seems to be about all it is, armor and a chassis for it)
I like the fat that it can be worn under other jackets

i hate this fat :)
im going to gym to try and get rid of it lol
but if you like it, then

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Because of the more delicate nature of the spinal column, back protectors require that lower levels of force be transmitted. The introduction to EN 1621-2 states that approximately 13% of motorcyclists injured in road accidents have an injury to this back region. However, only 0,8% of the injured riders suffer a fracture of the spine and less than 0,2% of injured riders have a serious back injury resulting in neurological damage. This is supported by evidence from the MAIDS Report (2004), the most comprehensive in-depth data currently available for Powered Two-Wheelers (PTWs) accidents in Europe. Serious spinal injures are usually caused by axial forces due to blows on the head, or bending and twisting forces on the back caused by blows to the shoulders, hips and other parts of the body. In the Cambridge Standard for Motorcyclists Clothing, Roderick Woods asserts that the majority of spinal injuries are caused by blows to the hip and shoulders. In the rare circumstance that a motorcyclist received a direct blow to the back the damage would be unmitigable by armor. The concept of a "back protector" is therefore not endorsed by Woods. Although back protectors, as defined in the standard, cannot protect against axial forces they are required to protect the scapula and there is now considerable anecdotal evidence that wearing a certified back protector can significantly reduce trauma in a major accident as they reduce the effect of impacts on the ribs and lessen the blows to internal organs too

I think this should be read. I have seen this before. It is a reminder that, like a helmet, a spine protector only offers so much protection and that people might be better advised to always practice their skills.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely. A rider's ability to avoid a crash is the best protection you can have. If we ride like we're invisible, we should also ride like we're naked.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i just recently bought a Klim d30 back pad ce level 2 for $40 and i fits and feels great in my both my jackets! a lot more protection than the previous foam pad

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
i did have a touring jacket with just the crappy foam inserts in it but now i read somewhere back along here that it`s just to keep shape of jacket :eek:

I have since though replaced it with thick runner type armour aswell as the arms and shoulders :thumbup:
Unsure what it is but wouldnt do without it now :thumbup:

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have two helmets and a pair of gloves. there's not a street from my house to school thats over 30mph. but before I take any trips I will be buying gear. one piece of that will definitely be purchased is a spinal protector. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a spinal injury with permanent effects, that terrifies the living **** out of me

hattu345

Reaction score
Visit site
I seems that when people had their first crash, they buy every protection available. So the smart thing would be to do that right away. So I have a separate spinal protection. It also includes some kidney protection, which the jacket insert type don't have.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I have two jackets that both have them in it, and one vest that also has one in it. I've thought about upgrading, but would rather just upgrade the gear too.

NorcoT

Reaction score
Visit site
My jacket came with a built in back protector, it feels wrong to ride without it now, just not comfortable when its not in.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
My Tour Master Magnum jacket came with a foam back pad. I upgraded it to a full size A* Bionic back protector. Covers much more of my back and it's much beefier than the stock foam.