Do u ever do this at a light :D

Do you Rev the bike at a light ?

• I do it all the time :)

Votes: 99 46.3%
  • I never do this at all .

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • What are you talkin about ?Wheres this feature on the bike?

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • I hate people who do this :eyebrow:

Votes: 42 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RZ350 Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Man thats an awesome bike and the sound of that 2 stroker is awesome :rockon:
I used to own a RD350 which is similar to the RZ350. All I can say is I would be revving it away if I still had it.

I really like it when I drive at about 35mph or so and the bike snorts and pops like a thoroughbred being reigned in. People come running out of their houses when I romp on it hard. I used to have a Kawasaki triple that was not quite as bad. I love 2 strokes

RZ350 Rider

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
For those of you who havent heard a RD350, RZ350 etc generation bike . Heres one of the best videos that will show you the bike in action with the sound effects. Enjoy!

Watch the video and see how many false neutrals you can catch ;) This generation bike was famous for that :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DofJuSg6wxc]YouTube - Yamaha R5 - onboard live! Ride a tour with me like 1970[/ame]

Last edited:

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be perfectly honest that i really do not know. This is what was described to me that is senses the metal signature, and bikes due to their mostly aluminum build do not always trip the sensor. I was told that a higher rev with any kind of swirling metal will put off more of a magnetic signature, tripping the coil sensor underneath the pavement.

Although knowing the way elements work, it is very low due to aluminum being non-magnetic.

When i get home i will have to ask a neighbor that works on intersection constructing, i am sure he would know

Also, i apologize if i put out false information, but i know some signals will bypass me unless i put the FZ6 up to 10k RPM for about a half second over the sensor where i live

http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/resources/MotorbikeSafetyfinal.pdf

And you would be correct. ;)

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, I do it too, especially through an underpass, tunnels. But I try to do it often since it waste fuel if done too often.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i do it...i love doing it, alweays have, always will.....will never grow up...is just like spoky doky's in your wheels of your pushbike when you are a kid!

:eek::cheer::spank::rockon::eek:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Women (my mom and girlfriend in the first place) always say that men ( me :)) don't grow up ... why prove them wrong :rockon:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
:squid::squid::squid:

It serves no purpose what so ever. As for revving up to trip the light. The spinning of the coil/generator/charging system is not enough, espically on our small bikes, to generate a magnegtic field large enough to trip it.

I wait to two cycles, if no soap, I make sure the road is clear and I run the light. Most the time, if I drop the center stand I can get it to trip. Look into rare earth magnets to fix the problem.

-bryan

unleased1287

Reaction score
Visit site
well till thursday i have stock exhaust on my fz6r but i rev it everywhere at lights pulling in places stoped at a store. around here the louder the better and chicks around here LOVE them loud. and i my self everything i have drove has had load exhaust strait piped or just aftermarket there loud. and as for gas i rev mine every where and red line every chance i get and i still get 150-160 miles on a full tank before it even gets to reserve tank so if there is a change in gas millage i dont see it at all.

nate

jfz6

Not Here Enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
web.mac.com
Just some little revs from time to time- I like hearing the bike through my earplugs- I hear the engine better as my Arai Profile is comfortable but LOUD!!!!!

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Before riding a motorcycle I never could figure out why some people did this. I still can't. I just cannot understand the need for constant attention. Maybe, as a child, they did not get the hoped for response when they kept yelling "hey Mom...look at me".

However, if everyone were like me, who would fill the chairs on the Jerry Springer show?:D

Tim

Last edited:

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
The couple weeks i had my bike before my aftermarket exhaust i dont remember doing it. But now i hear the Two Brothers growling back and forth at each other from time to time. :thumbup:

I like to rev it before I take off. It's like saying :Flip: when the Two Brothers growl before roaring. :squid: so what!