Do u ever do this at a light :D

Do you Rev the bike at a light ?

• I do it all the time :)

Votes: 99 46.3%
  • I never do this at all .

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • What are you talkin about ?Wheres this feature on the bike?

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • I hate people who do this :eyebrow:

Votes: 42 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I occasionally find my self doing this at a light sometimes :D Well I'll admit more than occasionally ;) I rev the bike a little bit just to hear that pretty purr of the fantastic I4 engine. And then I find this silly grin on my face that I don't know where it came from.:Flash:

Last edited:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Where's the "sometimes" option? I never did it before, but since I have the Leos on, I do it once in a while. I love that sound...
Sometimes I do it when the cager in front of me is dozing off at a green light.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I do it all the time, don't know why. Maybe just to let everyone know that I'm there. I have Remus Exhaust so they don't purr, they growl!

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I do little mini-revs from time to time. Nothing really loud and crazy though, but I do like to make sure the bike is still running and that my Scorpions are still angry!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No revs and don't think it is anything other than a waste of fuel. I save the revs for 0-60. :thumbup:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
What I've found is that if you have a cager behind you who isn't paying attention, when they hear you rev your bike they take their foot off the brake and they think you're going.

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
The couple weeks i had my bike before my aftermarket exhaust i dont remember doing it. But now i hear the Two Brothers growling back and forth at each other from time to time. :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i typically give it a blip here or there, but nothing abnoxious. I just love the sound of my Leo's that i need to hear them a bit more while relaxing at a light.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I always do two consecutive blips on the throttle every time i am the 1st person at the light due to the fact that most of the rev sensors for the lights dont work that well with a 600cc at idle. Also i seem to find myself at the first of the light a lot.

I think i do it on purpose for i have the chance to accelerate very quickly due to the fact that there is an open road in front of me :rockon:

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
I rev the bike once in a while when I am just sitting waiting for a light, but I always give her a good rev when I pull away.:rolleyes::thumbup:

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
never do it. unless im next to firends vehicles

it definitely annoys cagers (and it should really, my exhausts are right next to their windows)

it essentially is an invitation for a race to other bikers on the traffic light( where if the have bigger bikes is a stupid thing to do, but also for smaller bikes too)

its a definitely a squid/attntion seeking behavior

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I usually rev it once or twice as I am coming to a stop, I just love the way my scorps sound. Revved it up yesterday to scare a turkey that was in the opposite lane. I do the same thing in my Mustang though (Magnaflows on it), there is nothing like the sound of a good engine/exhaust.