Do I need a gasket sealant for crankcase cover replacement?

LinearCitrus

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to be replacing the crankcase cover on my 2009 FZ6, but was unsure about whether or not I need to use any sort of gasket sealant when I put the new one on.

I got a new gasket along with the new cover, but I couldn't find any information on if it's a rubber gasket, silicone, etc. Does anyone know IF I need to use a sealant, and if so, any recommendations on what sealant to get?

Thanks!

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to be replacing the crankcase cover on my 2009 FZ6, but was unsure about whether or not I need to use any sort of gasket sealant when I put the new one on.

I got a new gasket along with the new cover, but I couldn't find any information on if it's a rubber gasket, silicone, etc. Does anyone know IF I need to use a sealant, and if so, any recommendations on what sealant to get?

Thanks!

The Stator side cover has a grommet that needs some kind of stick'em sealant (manual says yamaha bond, but any gasket maker silicone should be fine?). The clutch cover should be fine with just the gasket.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 ^^^..

Not sure exactly what cover your replacing but the cam chain cover will also require sealer (for the PU Sensor wires)

I use the Yamaha bond. As stated, no sealer required for the gasket / gasket surface itself, just where wires enter/exit..