DIY Faring Accessories?

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello :D

You know, all that space we have upfront, including on the handlebars? Well I was thinking cup holder, GPS holder, phone, and whatever other junk can be mounted? Maybe a tank bag could be useful for some of these things, but i don't care much for those. Just a styling thing.

So as I was looking at the confusing, cheap, and not so cheap accessories available online of varying quality and effectiveness, i thought "well, could not a trip to the local discount store, some velcro, straps, plastic ties, rubber bands, and a rigged out cup holder do the same?"

I mean why mount this and that on the bike when I can just slap some DIY stuff on when needed, and take it off when not? But how to make sure its secure? I was thinking STRONG velcro. I mean just stick it to an item and stick it on the bike. What could be easier, simpler, and more cost effective?

Maybe some of you have done this, or have an idea of it? If so, let me know. I am feeling creative but don't want to experiment with things flying off my bike. But maybe I can do just as well as the $100 phone holders I was just looking at?

However what I really want is coffee. Could I mount a DIY cup holder on the FZ6? Where? That would be awesome! :rockon:

Last edited:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm all for GPS for the people who take long touring trips, but for the most part, I don't want any distractions when I ride. I'm a fan of the "less is more" attitude towards my bike.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Velcro brand Industrial velcro is really good, strong, sticky stuff...

I use the black, 2" wide product all the time.

I used the same stuff for my ez pass in the nose of the front fairing. I had forgotten to take it off the bike before one of my track days.... Stayed on just fine.

zpdrumer

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Well I was thinking of cutting a pocket into the front side fairing sort of like on the concours under the left handgrip View attachment 55426

And putting a usb charger in there, or two or three. Haha. It would be covered and waterproof. But wasn't sure how to ensure the water would stay out. You wouldn't use it to see devices (like a gps holder) just to charge them. If you don't mind cutting into your fairing you could easily do a cup holder the same way. I have a spare (albeit cracked) fairing so I might play with that and let you know if anything comes of it

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I was thinking of cutting a pocket into the front side fairing sort of like on the concours under the left handgrip View attachment 55426

And putting a usb charger in there, or two or three. Haha. It would be covered and waterproof. But wasn't sure how to ensure the water would stay out. You wouldn't use it to see devices (like a gps holder) just to charge them. If you don't mind cutting into your fairing you could easily do a cup holder the same way. I have a spare (albeit cracked) fairing so I might play with that and let you know if anything comes of it

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2004 FJR1300 - FJR1300S COWLING 1 Diagram

Part #66, the entire glove box with cover for an 04 FJR, (left side). I know its waterproof, and will fit a cell phone. I don't know the demensions off hand and wether you have enough plastic on the left(on the FZ as its a 3 piece inner fairing, the black part)...

Last edited: