Digital speedo fz6 s2 can it work without?

gasso

Reaction score
Visit site
I am preparing. My fz6 s2 for track day.. When i remove speedo it does not want to start... What can i do to make it work without speedo.. Thank you

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also the bike may not start without the speedo because there is no neutral safety signal to the starter/cut out assembly. The neutral safety signal passes through an LED in the instrument panel. Have you tried pulling in on the clutch lever and side stand up to see if it will start? If there is no neutral signal the safety circuit thinks the bike is in gear and will not allow it to start. Side stand up and pull the clutch in to see if it starts. :)

Also if you have removed the side stand have you engaged the side stand switch to mimic the side stand is in the up position.

Let us know if this works.

Last edited:

gasso

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike is on central stand because itmis s versionn..i did not remove it yet...i think it should have to do something with neutral signal probably when speedo is removed it is cutting the signal..thanks for the tips i will try..if anybody did this before please write ...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it equipped with the immobilizer?

FWIW: US 08 S2 starts w/out the cluster/gauge assembly. It was on the side stand at the time. I didn't ride it. Just verified start up after valve adjustment work. I never looked but the ECM should have generated an error from not having response from the gauge.