Decided to go naked!

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Picked a brand new set of 2009 R6 wheels. From everything I can tell they will fit. Hopefully get the bike into the shop tomorrow and get it done. The sprocket it one tooth different on the R6 wheels, should I swap the fz6 Sprocket over or does it matter. The R6 is 46, Fz6 46 teeth.

I think they will look great for my project.

gold1.jpg

gold2.jpg

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really excited to see those wheels on the bike. I love gold accents on red or black bikes.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It wont be red for long, will be naked , pearl white with carbon fiber front fender and rear hugger and a number of other gold accents

If you receive your Carbon rear hugger before me i will cry.....12 weeks now, and i still dont know where it is...and you bought it from the same guy!!!!

:(

herbis

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey bike will surely look sweet, that headlight arrangement really looks nice & I was looking at putting it on mine a while ago, but when I inquired further found it came off a 150cc Indian Yamaha model called the fzs & apparently the beam didn't meet the required standards for my country.(they check in NZ) but may be fine in yours. good luck & will look forward to some pics of your progress.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I inquired further found it came off a 150cc Indian Yamaha model called the fzs & apparently the beam didn't meet the required standards for my country.(they check in NZ)

In US, it's pretty easy to get away with stuff like this. In my state, there is no motorcycle inspection any more at all.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Hey bike will surely look sweet, that headlight arrangement really looks nice & I was looking at putting it on mine a while ago, but when I inquired further found it came off a 150cc Indian Yamaha model called the fzs & apparently the beam didn't meet the required standards for my country.(they check in NZ) but may be fine in yours. good luck & will look forward to some pics of your progress.

I am sure it will be fine. -

The Stock Headlight has One H4 Bulb for High Beam and One H7 Bulb for LOW Beam.

The Naked Headlight has One H4 Bulb for both HIGH and LOW Beam.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
If you receive your Carbon rear hugger before me i will cry.....12 weeks now, and i still dont know where it is...and you bought it from the same guy!!!!

:(

He is sending a replacement isn't he? I dont think you not getting it is anything of his doing, maybe customs?
Mine was shipped a couple of days ago, he had to hand make one for the S2 model. I am sure glad he had the mold.

Last edited:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Get out of here,are you now saying there's NO yearly safety inspection!!!
MOT in uk

We have no inspection here in BC Canada on bikes or cars. You do on cars if you bring it in from the States or another province but not on Bikes. Now saying that you could get pulled over my the police and be given notice to go get your bike inspected if they see something they don't like.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
No turning back now!!

One note about the R6 rims, the sprocket is a 525 on the stock r6 where fz6 is 530. So don't use the r6 sprocket. I think the rotor may not be the same either.
The rims are fine and my sprocket and rotors will transfer over to them.

Stripped it down tonight for paint. Taking tank, pods and tail section in for new pearl whit paint. As well taking the bike in as they are going to paint the scratches in the frame and swingarm from the crash. Also going to get them to paint the gas cap black. May get then to fill the place on the frame that had the mounts for the fairing as well.

notank.jpg

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In US, it's pretty easy to get away with stuff like this. In my state, there is no motorcycle inspection any more at all.
Same in Australia. No annual inspection.

If the cops see something they don't like on your bike/car, they can give you a 'yellow' sticker - means you have @ 30 days to get the fault/mod repaired and then you have to get it inspected/taken over the pits. If they give you a 'red' sticker - pull over - you can't drive it but still have to get it seen to within 30 days. Failure to meet the 30 day requirement will see your bike/car de-registered.

Then you have to start the whole process and get EVERYTHING legal and taken over the pits.

:)

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
More parts off tonight, header and rad guards. Headers getting ceramic coated, velvet black satin. Rad guards will be paint black same as frame.
Rear sets and passenger pegs off next to be powder coated.

Hopefully some of the parts start to arrive this week, get paint done and start putting it all back together. Not sure when the headlight kit will arrive but I hope soon as the painter is going to put some paint aside for that as well.

The only thing I am still concerned about is all the extra wiring up front after headlight is installed, I am not wanting to cut the harness, maybe stuff into the frame?

headeroff.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I am still concerned about is all the extra wiring up front after headlight is installed, I am not wanting to cut the harness, maybe stuff into the frame?

Yup, that's what I did with mine.. pulled up battery, battery box and the air box and pulled the harness into the frame. I did cut the OEM headlight connectors off.. they're just way too bulky, but I used bullet connectors for new wiring, so if I ever want to go back to stock, I can easily re-attached OEM connectors :D

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Off to the body Shop to get frame and swing-arm scratches taken care off. As well painting gas cap, rad guards. pods, tail section, front fender, gas tank. Paint should be done by the weekend, cant wait!

bodyshop.jpg