~~Daily Feed, post what made you laugh today ~~

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
People often say that they can't understand the English or Irish accent, I got the general gist of this but there were gaps lol.

Nelly

Neil, She has a southern American accent. She also is speaking quickly so some words might get lost. Many of us have accents that you can generally tell where we're from in our country. Probably the same in any country, in that you may be able to tell the region by the pronunciation of words. :)

When Aussiejules came to the US to get married and have a holiday. I finally hooked up with him and Deb on the phone. I started speaking (Deb had answered) and she stopped me and I could hear here saying to Jules, "I can't understand anything he's saying!" Lol! Jules had an easier time of it but there were times we'd go," What?...What?....What!!? Lol?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well can't post a link, but...
the nurse ringing me at stupid o'clock in the morning going

N:"The patient's blood pressure has dropped"
Me: "What patient, how much and how's the patient clinically?"
N: "Miss ...., to 60/40 and the patient is responding and awake, but asleep."

:rof:
60/40 doesn't worry you?

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Neil, She has a southern American accent. She also is speaking quickly so some words might get lost. Many of us have accents that you can generally tell where we're from in our country. Probably the same in any country, in that you may be able to tell the region by the pronunciation of words. :)

When Aussiejules came to the US to get married and have a holiday. I finally hooked up with him and Deb on the phone. I started speaking (Deb had answered) and she stopped me and I could hear here saying to Jules, "I can't understand anything he's saying!" Lol! Jules had an easier time of it but there were times we'd go," What?...What?....What!!? Lol?
I have family from the deep south, Mississippi and also family in Texas, so the accent isn't to unfamiliar but she was something else. It was very funny though.
The first time I did Triage here in Ireland I didn't have a notion of what half the people were saying to me. I relied on much finger pointing lol.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We to this day still laugh at one in particular Cliff, Deb had said that we were Knackered, which you thought she had said we are naked, which after resaying it about half a dozen times we got it through. Our accents vary from state to state here aswell.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
Nelly -
normally 60/40 worries me yeah, but on that occasion I'm more worried about the sanity of the charge nurse.
mind you in that particular (very rural) hospital I've had some whack phonecalls - like

"doctor, this is not an emergency or anything, but when you have time could you take a look at Mr. ..... - his sats have dropped to 55%" (NOT an emergency? Never ran that fast in my life)

or

"Please doc you have to come right now! The patient is bleeding and he's very pale and not well!!" - only to arrive to find the patient not in his bed because he's in the lounge having lunch.

you just never know with phone calls. [disclaimer - I dragged my sorry behind out of bed to check and the patient was perfectly fine although on antihypertensives and deeply asleep (and somewhat cranky about being woken up)]

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
jengacat.gif

jengacat_2.gif

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: Can someone find an old Yamaha Ad from the same period??? Post up!

3G3WziJ.jpg

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4p8LylVs_g"]"Just drink the Bud Lite!"[/ame]

Mildly NSFW. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mini Bruce Lee....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzXL-KM2UqU"]YouTube[/ame]

sniff6