cycle gear kinda sucks at times

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to cycle gear in san diego last week looking for a new helmet and gloves. They have an entire wall of just helmets, so i think they'll have a good selection but they were all shoei. had maybe a total of 6 helmets that were other brands. I'm not the biggest fan of shoei my last helmet was one and it fell apart fairly quickly and it was way too expensive for what you got.

Asked if they had anything else in back, they didn't but said they could order in whatever i was looking for since i had the scorpion exo on my mind. I didn't really want to pull the trigger without trying it on first so i declined. Figured i'd look at gloves - they were all so expensive i didn't even try any on. The cheapest pair was something like $50 and they looked like cheap junk.

Went to fun bike center instead, they had the helmet i wanted in my size for the same price everyone had it for online, i was expecting a huge markup, and even some really nice gloves for $40. I only go to cycle gear for oil, i won't even bother looking at the other stuff again

The Kearny Mesa CG must have a better selection of stuff. I'll check it out.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I go to the one in kearny mesa, the staff is excellent. The main manager always stays open late for me when i have questions and the tall asian dude has excellent customer service. Goes out of his way to help you get what you need. (I really have to get his name, he knows mine lol)

And Cliff thats actually why i could afford decent gear because bilt gear was in my price range. Im going to upgrade when i have moneyyyyyy :BLAA:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
So what's the deal with sidici? I was actually thinking about one of their leather jackets, are they that bad?

I have a pair of sedici gloves cost me about 60 bucks but dam they are realllllly comfortable, even though they have all the knuckle plates and stuff.

Last edited:

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
From my experience here in Houston, the only thing I like about cycle gear are the more flexible hours, open on Sunday and Monday when most shops are closed.

Was checking out purchasing one item, engine ice, and the guy asked me if I wanted to buy some stickers and I said no thanx, I don't put stickers on my bike. Then asked if he could just ring two stickers up $.05 each so he could hit some sales quota. I thought that was lame.

To me they are the Wal-Mart of the motorcycle community.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I think some of you are missing the point. I have found that some pretty nice chicks work at CG. I'm not talking Harley mamas either.

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Well to end this tread I just got my mirrors yesterday, very fast shipping from motorcycle superstore, and cancel my order from cycle gear, I think it's just the store in Modesto that's not the greatest.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm like "wth is cycle gear?" googled it, went to store locator and found out why... apparently they're too good for the nanny state of NY! lol i get everything from different shops... PITA but hey they tend to be pretty good guys

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I work at a local motorcycle shop and we had this happen to us. A customer wanted to order something and we checked with the vendor to make sure it is in stock. They said yes so we place the order for the customer. Later when it doesn't show up we contact the vendor to find out what is going on. "Oh, the item is on back order..."

We look like the jerk and have to work with the customer to get them something that is in stock and works for them.