cycle gear kinda sucks at times

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was on the market for some mirrors and was going to buy them online. but i changed my mind and thought i would support my local cycle gear, So i placed my order on TH july 29th. I ask her when can i expect my product she said Monday "i told her cool as long as its no 2 weeks" called The following Monday, not in yet also called back on TH was told to call back on sat because the girl that order them was off that day. So i call on Sat and she tells me she will have to call Bikemaster on Monday "today". I got a call today from her and now my mirrors are back order for a month. This girl is kinda cool she has a good personality and all but man now i have to wait a month. why couldn't they tell me this before i placed my orderr :spank: . Well i think i am going to cancel my order and just shop online.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
In this day and age, the local shops better get thier s**t together or they're going to lose a lot of business. I'll pay a bit more to get something quicker and be able to look at it before I buy it, but if the shop is just going to act as a middleman and make you wait anyway, forget it.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
They have been really good to me so far. Usually takes a few days to get things. But my cycle gear guy usually calls or looks it up to see if its in stock before the order is made.

Main reason i buy from them is they have an awesome return policy which i have used a few times already lol.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say my Cycle Gear guys are really good. They had a front Bridgestone BT-016 Pro that I needed but they didn't know about a rear BT-016 Pro.
I bought the front tire and saw The rear BT-016 Pro advertized at Motocycle Superstore. Ordered it and a week later it was left at my front door. It wasn't the BT-016 Pro it was the BT-016. I called them and they first told me on the phone that it was a BT-016 and I had to argue that it wasn't. Took 2 days for them to admit it was the wrong tire. They gave me a return auth. number and I had to ship it back at my cost! The guy handling my claim said it was the fault of Tucker Rocky, one of the main bike parts suppliers for everyone.

Goop did some research for me and found out Cycle Gear could get the rear BT-016 Pro. I went to my guys at the Convoy store and they confirmed it was the BT-016 Pro ordered it from Parts Unlimited and I had it the next day!

I know sometimes people have limited info on what the supplier is trying to pass off but it's got to be hard for everyone at Point of sale to have all the info all the time.

My CG guys on convoy in San Diego rock!

Last edited:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
My local Cycle Gear(local, ha!), is so-so. I ordered a GoPro from them when it was on sale, and it arrived when they said it would. Other than that, I don't bother with them. The prices usually suck, and the selection sucks even more. They have hardly anything worth looking at, other than helmets.

I prefer Road Rider, the other local shop. They're really nice, no high employee turnover, they've got a pretty good selection, and their prices are good, often no more than online. Everyone there is really helpful, and they actually know what they're talking about, so no BS sales pitches. And every time I've ordered something that they didn't have in store, they got it in no more than three days. They even do tire mounting, and they do a good job at that too. So basically, unless there's some really good sale going on at Cycle Gear, I have no use for them. lol

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my front tire from them. They did good job at mounting my tires. But they don't have good selection of anything but helmets. The bilt brand looks like junk.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
they screwed me in oregon.
ordered some tires and when i arrived to the shop they were the wrong size.
they suck.
i hate them.
forever.
amen.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up with the CG mail catalogs only showing this "Bilt" brand any more?

This! I went to Cycle Gear in north county San Diego and the "Bilt" line is dominating the store. They had maybe two racks with alpinestars and dianese...the rest was Bilt. I picked up one of the Bilt boots and it had excess glue from where they glued on the sole. No way.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well with an automatic 30% Rider Coach discount, I can't complain. I've bought Go Pro Cameras, batteries, oil, chain, and even sunglasses the other day.

Remember, just because they don't have it in the store does not mean you cannot get it. They only have so much shelf space.

They can order just about anything for you including Sidi Boots, Rev It Gear, etc. They don't even charge you for shipping when you do place a special order. I do it all the time. Just the other day, I wanted a Steel Sprocket, all they had in the store were aluminum. I had it in a few days.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Remember, just because they don't have it in the store does not mean you cannot get it. They only have so much shelf space.

And all of that shelf space is loaded with Bilt! :rolleyes: I actually buy a lot of stuff from CG. The staff are great and of course they can order pretty much anything.

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Well most of the staff in Modesto are great but not all. This is actually the second time this happens to us at this particular CG. I will still shop there as i still like the prices and for simple stuff. I called and try to cancel by phone but wouldn't let me because i have to bring my card to them " only problem is that i am in the Bay Area for the next few days "

just ordered my new mirrors from Motorcycle superstore and they should be here by Friday $69 shipped. They are the Bikemaster brand so i will do a quick review with pics on them. As i know some people here would like to see the actual product on the bike.

And about the Bilt brand, they are focused more for people like me that don't have much to spend, its not the best gear in the world but you cant beat the price, I am already looking for better gear tho, my Bday is coming up, will see what i get :BLAA:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
This! I went to Cycle Gear in north county San Diego and the "Bilt" line is dominating the store. They had maybe two racks with alpinestars and dianese...the rest was Bilt. I picked up one of the Bilt boots and it had excess glue from where they glued on the sole. No way.
I am very happy with mine :BLAA: They are comfy and seem to protect pretty well and get plenty of air. And i went back after buying them and they price matched their current sale of $69 bucks :rockon: Have been wearing them for a month now with no problems.

Hopefully my soles dont fall off :eek:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I should clarify that I'm not totally writing off Bilt. I was just a little shocked to walk in the store last Sun. and not see a whole hell of a lot besides Bilt. I wanted to try Shoei helmets and the selection was much less than they used to have, and the Arai and Scorpion were totally absent. I understand that they need to make a profit and they probably are with the Bilt line. It's cheap for them, for the customer who is on a budget and they can move larger volumes of the brand.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
It wasn't the BT-016 Pro it was the BT-016. I called them and they first told me on the phone that it was a BT-016 and I had to argue that it wasn't. Took 2 days for them to admit it was the wrong tire. They gave me a return auth. number and I had to ship it back at my cost!

Lemme get this straight: you ordered tire though MS. You received wrong tire and so they have YOU pay for return shipping? OMG! How generous of Motorcycle Superstore to pass the buck. Nice!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always liked my local CG. What I don’t care are their two new gear lines; Bilt and Seddici. Seddici looks okay, Bilt looks cheap as hell.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lemme get this straight: you ordered tire though MS. You received wrong tire and so they have YOU pay for return shipping? OMG! How generous of Motorcycle Superstore to pass the buck. Nice!

That's exactly what they did. And get this. When I told my CG guy that does my tire swap for me I was getting the rear BT-016 Pro from MS, he said he would still give me the same $20 a wheel for swap and balance even though I didn't buy the rear from CG. As it turn out he did get me one from CG and all was great. They even threw on my new 90 degree valve for free.

On the Bilt and Sidici gear. I agree the store all of a sudden filled up with this stuff. The only positive I can say about this is if it's cheaper maybe more people will get at least some protection as opposed to squidding it. Sidici and Bilt are still better than a Birthday Suit! :D

I think Motorcycle Superstore should rethink that policy. Everything they did was wrong including mis-advertizing. They are clearly trying to dump the BT-016's as BT-016 Pros. They can try to justify it however they like but in the end I lost money by dealing with them. They didn't even try to make it right by offering and shipping me the correct tire! Never offered! You would think they would realize being in the business of E-trade that people will hear about this policy. They are getting away with what they can. I guess in today's day and age of the economy and competing you will see this happen more often.

My guys at CG, at ground zero, with their willingness and good will, trump Motorcycle Superstore.