Crystal Lake and Glendora Mt. Rd.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Went for a little ride with Jennifer up to Crystal Lake Cafe for lunch and then rode Glendora Mt. Rd.
Here is a little video with some of the action, check out 5:50 for the idiot that couldn't figure out which side of the road to be on, wish I had a camera pointing forward so you could have seen how far out of shape the car was, other than that exciting moment it was a great day of riding. Some more forum members need to join us for some mountain riding in this neck of the woods although I would recommend playing hooky and riding the Glendora roads during the week as there are not near as many idiots on the roads as there are on the weekends.
ACH is doable on the weekends so that is always an option.

Crystal Lake, Glendora Mt Rd - YouTube

Jerry

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great vid, and not a FZ6 in sight :BLAA:

Those tar snakes are pretty bad, oh and the rock on the road :eek:

Despite this looks like you had a great ride :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up getting kicked loose early yesterday and thought maybe you and Jennifer were riding local and I could catch you, but I still have lots of Honeydo's I have to finish this week...:p

Last edited:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I ended up getting kick loose early yesterday and though maybe you a Jennifer were riding local and I could catch you, but I still have lots of Honeydo's I have to finish this week...:p

LOL, still plenty of summer left to do a weekday ride:thumbup:
I have to save my rear tire for Sat., so no riding this week.:(

Jerry

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We had an awesome time! As the video shows, it was turn after turn after turn. Nearly all were perfectly cambered and only a couple with decreasing radius. Good practice for negotiating blind corners with sand and rocks creating little obstacle courses when least expected.

But I have to tell you that the video does not even begin to show how close that @$$#%!! in the black car came to taking Jerry out. We were set up on the right side of the road for an uphill left corner and the car came around almost completely in our lane. :rant: It seemed like Jerry threaded the needle between the apex of the car's turn and the edge of the road. I was trying to avoid target fixation and focused solely on the space still available rather looking at the car. It really didn't sink in until this morning how bad it could have been.

Other than that specific moment, which went by incredibly fast, we had a great day. Very little traffic. Cool pine-scented mountain breezes. Found some sweet new pavement for part of the ride, and got to practice the feel of "gorilla snot" tar snakes (I don't care what the guy told you Jerry, it was not the regular snot).

After several trips up to that neck of the woods this was my absolute favorite for a weekday ride. So any of you So Cal riders up for a weekday ride - please let us know! :rockon:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Perspective. That's what I needed. I just clicked on the "video" link Wavex has in his forum signature. I watched his video of a ride on that road with Cali rider in March.

:bow: Amazing.

We sure do have great roads to explore around here!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I first met John and David and a friend of theirs at the top of Glendora Mt rd. Saw Johns FZ-6 and that convinced me it would be my next bike. He also directed me to the best forum on the planet:thumbup:
Their vid gives you an idea of how quick one can ride those roads:rockon:

Jerry

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a dream last night that I made my gixxer a full time track bike and bought an FZ6. A blue one. I need to take some time off from this forum!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a dream last night that I made my gixxer a full time track bike and bought an FZ6. A BLACK one. I need to take some time off from this forum!!

I'm going to EDIT your dream. :spank: :spank:
.. .. .. Hold on.
.. .. .. .. .. .. Working on it.. .. .. :eek:
Got it! :BLAA:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a dream last night that I made my gixxer a full time track bike and bought an FZ6. A RED one. I need to take some time off from this forum!!

I'm going to EDIT your dream. :spank: :spank:
.. .. .. Hold on.
.. .. .. .. .. .. Working on it.. .. .. :eek:
Got it! :BLAA:

well done Randy, it looks like you finally got it to work ;)

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
We had an awesome time! As the video shows, it was turn after turn after turn. Nearly all were perfectly cambered and only a couple with decreasing radius. Good practice for negotiating blind corners with sand and rocks creating little obstacle courses when least expected.

But I have to tell you that the video does not even begin to show how close that @$$#%!! in the black car came to taking Jerry out. We were set up on the right side of the road for an uphill left corner and the car came around almost completely in our lane. :rant: It seemed like Jerry threaded the needle between the apex of the car's turn and the edge of the road. I was trying to avoid target fixation and focused solely on the space still available rather looking at the car. It really didn't sink in until this morning how bad it could have been.

Other than that specific moment, which went by incredibly fast, we had a great day. Very little traffic. Cool pine-scented mountain breezes. Found some sweet new pavement for part of the ride, and got to practice the feel of "gorilla snot" tar snakes (I don't care what the guy told you Jerry, it was not the regular snot).

After several trips up to that neck of the woods this was my absolute favorite for a weekday ride. So any of you So Cal riders up for a weekday ride - please let us know! :rockon:

You guys need to post up BEFORE you ride, I can do a mid-week session almost any day.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys need to post up BEFORE you ride, I can do a mid-week session almost any day.

:banghead: Ack! What were we thinking??? :spank:

I had no idea you have a flexible weekday schedule. I'll be ready for another go at Glendora Mtn Rd next week. Pick your favorite day and I'll come up! You can show me how it is done :thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice video Jerry. :thumbup:
Hard to believe that I'll be in SoCal in just a couple of days from now. To say I'm looking forward the ride this weekend is the understatement of the year! :rockon:

randysway

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep! GMR is the most fun. Be safe out there though, so many youtube accident videos are out there. Where is the crystal lake area?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Yep! GMR is the most fun. Be safe out there though, so many youtube accident videos are out there. Where is the crystal lake area?

At the end of highway 39, (San Gabriel Canyon Rd.) 39 used to (30+ years ago) meet up with ACH, hwy 2. Adam at the Crystal Lake Cafe said the road is in good condition but because of environmental concerns it will probably stay closed.
Join up for the next ride, but we will go during the week to avoid as much of the crazies as possible:thumbup:

Jerry