Couple of questions re: GPS for bikes

bcutter

Reaction score
Visit site
vibration & GPS

Hey gang,
Concerning the affect of vibration. I have Garmin e-trex legend, that I ususally have on a 625 KTM dirt bike(a Big THUMPER:rockon:) It would shake the guts out of any electrical equipment. To avoid this, I purchased a vibration-isolation mount from touratech équipement moto pour le raid sport enduro The problem usually is shorting out at the battery contacts. If you hard wire the GPS directly to the battery, there shouldn't be any problems. Tourtech has a lot of information on its website. There is also a lot of info onadvrider.com. Hope this helps.:thumbup:

Bill

JohnTex

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't imagine trying to use any navigation system on the bike & still concentrate on what is going on around me- but maybe the roads are little crazier here in TX.

To date, I have been using a Garmin Nuvi 350, but only taking it out to check & get bearings occasionally, after I pull over. It is not waterproof, so it stays in the tank bag most of the time, but the battery lasts several hours (over 5 in continuous operation, the longest I have tried it so far), so you don't need a power cord. It was only $300.

Even using it in the car, the GPS has been of limited help over the past 2 yrs. It has taken me the wrong way enough times that I still review & double check things on a map. For the money you guys are talking about, I agree with the earlier posts and I would buy another accessory for the bike!