Confirmed: kick stand drags before center stand*

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
*: If you have riser plates or rear sets.

Obviously those giant peg feelers would drag first, but if you take those out and have riser plates the kick stand will drag first before the center stand.

I was suddenly made aware of this at New York Safety Track last week riding with Tony's Track Days when I had some lazy body position in a left turn and proceeded to make my one oh **** moment for the weekend dragging side stand through half a turn.

Oh yea, the fazer can rail if you make it :rockon: (and these are sport touring tires)

Center stand was left on, side stand came off after this.
BSH6OAUIQAAuPlb.jpg:large

attachment.php

edit:

Here's a couple more my friend took and I edited. If you live in the north east I can't recommend New York Safety Track enough. It's a new facility still getting the kinks worked out but the track layout is amazing and the people running the place are super nice.

1234012_10100345354139787_1336707059_n.jpg

1229916_10100345354099867_1503989504_n.jpg

1233624_10100345353935197_1637820059_n.jpg

1240646_10100345353910247_73915178_n.jpg

Last edited:

ctbandit

Reaction score
Visit site
I always thought it was a requirement to remove the side stand before entering a track to avoid these brown moments...

Different organizations have different requirements. Tony's is geared more towards the street rider and a learning environment, so I think he doesn't have too many rules for altering the bike before the track day. And since each bike is different, where some bikes don't drag anything, others might drag peg, others might drag plastics, etc. I think it might get complicated with a blanket rule to remove this or that.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WHEW sweet angles there, I'm still learning this beast for normal driving but would love to have it at a track to really learn it.

Are those stock ST tires you're running?? (so I know not to maybe do that if they're better ones haha)

ctbandit

Reaction score
Visit site
WHEW sweet angles there, I'm still learning this beast for normal driving but would love to have it at a track to really learn it.

Are those stock ST tires you're running?? (so I know not to maybe do that if they're better ones haha)

They are pirelli angel GTs. Absolutely love them.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are pirelli angel GTs. Absolutely love them.
They'll be in the running when I eventually start the hunt for new ones (got quite a bit of meat on mine yet though).

How much did you pay to put em on? (and did you install them yourself, buy them and then shop them or just got it all bought/installed by a shop)

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:disapprove:
They'll be in the running when I eventually start the hunt for new ones (got quite a bit of meat on mine yet though).

How much did you pay to put em on? (and did you install them yourself, buy them and then shop them or just got it all bought/installed by a shop)

I too have been considering the Angel GTs, so would be interested in where you bought them and how much it was. I have to *blush* admit I'm still running my original stockers, now six years old. :disapprove:

ctbandit

Reaction score
Visit site

:disapprove:

I too have been considering the Angel GTs, so would be interested in where you bought them and how much it was. I have to *blush* admit I'm still running my original stockers, now six years old. :disapprove:

I think I paid somewhere around $360 including the mounting at a local shop (Redline Powersports in Winsted, CT :cheer: )

They basically price matched the best internet price I could find (many places will if you ask) and I didn't mind paying local sales tax to help support a local business that has been good to me and my friends in the riding community.

I've done the $200 cyclegear diablo special and i've run Q2's(liked the Q2s) but for my pace I can barely tell any difference between the Q2s and the Pirelli Angel's except that my Q2s were TOAST after 5k miles and I'm at about 6k now and the Angel's are barley showing a hint of flat spot in the center, with tons of life left on them. At this rate I expect to see somewhere near 12k miles out of them. So for 50% more cost I hope to get about 240% more life out of the pirellis.

I always take the wheels off myself and bring them to get tires mounted. They kill you if you bring your bike in. I've been creative and done it on just the center stand with some jack stands on the frame sliders, but now use a front and rear stand since I have them.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the cool shots. (Superb actually) My huge curb feelers have giant, rusty flat ground spots on each. I think it gives my bike a silent personality : )