Comparison of FZ6 V FZ6 MPG

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I do fuelly but my mileage sucks bad. 37 or 38 mpg. :(

Riding in this down I average 44 mpg, I can't imagine your sprocket lost you that much. On spirited rides it only goes up from here. Its the bumper to bumper cr@p that bites into the mpg for me. Wonder what's up w/ that low mpg?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Riding in this down I average 44 mpg, I can't imagine your sprocket lost you that much. On spirited rides it only goes up from here. Its the bumper to bumper cr@p that bites into the mpg for me. Wonder what's up w/ that low mpg?

Seems I used to get 50 mpg all the time but lately it's right around 45 commuting and country roads.

45 mpg seemed good until I realized that my 675lb 1635cc Victory cruiser gets the exact same mpg as my FZ6. :(

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Witch down du ewe leeve een Rwanndee?:BLAA:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nelly, how do you put it up on your signature?
I was just looking and I can't find the banner section. If anyone can remember please chip in.
Since dropping 1 tooth in the rear I am getting about 20 miles more to the tank.

Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nelly, how do you put it up on your signature?
Fuelly FAQ

How do I use a Fuelly forum signature/badge?

A Fuelly forum signature (or badge) is an image that you can use to sign your posts at vehicle discussion forums. The instructions for adding a forum signature will be different for different forums, but here's a general outline:
1.Go to the forum you participate in and see if they have a "signature" feature that allows images.
2.If so, find out if the forum uses "BBCode" or "HTML" to include images.
3.Once you know, go to Fuelly and click on your vehicle.
4.On the vehicle detail page, click the yellow badge icon under Recent Fuel-Ups. It looks like this[Gold Shield]:
5.On the "Fuelly Signature" page, choose the image you want.
6.Copy either the HTML or BBCode for your image.
7.Go to your forum and paste the code into the form for updating your signature.
The main thing to keep in mind is that you need to copy a little bit of code from Fuelly and paste it into the right form at your forum.

I believe you need to be a premium member to post banner signatures so you should be good to go.

Last edited:

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride around a College campus in 30 degrees F and only up to a mile or two at a time. My milage every tank is about 22-24MPG with kwick trip no ethanol 91..now thats bad lol

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Here be mine. I have a 17t front sprocket, so I have to do add about 5% more to the mileage on my tripometer every time I send in my fill-ups.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here be mine. I have a 17t front sprocket, so I have to do add about 5% more to the mileage on my tripometer every time I send in my fill-ups.

A 17t front sprocket, and stock 46t rear puts your Speedo to within 1%, meaning you'd need to add 6% to your odometer value, in Fuelly, to maintain accuracy.

At the moment, before my 17t 520 conversion, I'm running a Speedo tuner, correcting my Speedo by 4% (a little more than half the discrepancy) so I just add 12kms to the odometer, for every 300kms ridden.

The 520 conversion is coming.....

Cheers,
Rick

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
A 17t front sprocket, and stock 46t rear puts your Speedo to within 1%, meaning you'd need to add 6% to your odometer value, in Fuelly, to maintain accuracy.

At the moment, before my 17t 520 conversion, I'm running a Speedo tuner, correcting my Speedo by 4% (a little more than half the discrepancy) so I just add 12kms to the odometer, for every 300kms ridden.

The 520 conversion is coming.....

Cheers,
Rick

I know I compared odometer mileage with what my gps said and it was around 5%. I'll have to remember to do it again sometime to see if it was closer to 6%.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I compared odometer mileage with what my gps said and it was around 5%. I'll have to remember to do it again sometime to see if it was closer to 6%.

Just remember that GPS distance will not take into account hills and the like - but calculates distance at a fixed altitude. (odometer takes into account the vertical as well as the horizontal, whereas GPS calculates the horizontal - and the speedo represents ground speed, also using the elevation changes that GPS doesn't calculate.)

The FZ6 speedo is approximately 6.5% out, as has been confirmed by many sources - including my own calculations. The 17t front sprocket corrects the speedo by 5.88% meaning it's still approximately 0.62% out)

Obviously there are other factors, like tread depth, inflation pressures and the like - but like I said, the 17t corrects the speedo to within 1%.

Cheers,
Rick

djstrong

Reaction score
Visit site
For me:
45 MPG in colder weather, ie 50F or lower
52 MPG above 50F, 55 MPG for daytrips

Mostly commuting, 40 Miles one way, and yes, I ride like a pansy.

Leo Vince exhaust improved fuel mileage about 2 MPG. I don't think K&N air filter changed mileage. No other modifications

Happy riding,
DJ