TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: To Anyone Who Needs A Clutch Slave Arm

Right folks,
There is no need for hostility, rudenss or anyone taking umbrage over posts in this thread.
Its always hard to read someones intent from mere words, jokes fall flat and throw away lines come back to haunt you.

I moderate this thread and if you all can't keep it nice, I will close it-PERIOD!

First and only warning!

Disregard .......

Last edited:

User

Reaction score
Visit site

Cancel that, I apologize for stating that(and will modify my earlier post), it was another new guy that's trolling.

However, politeness IS appreciated... Thanks...

I responded how I did when you took me for someone else and forgot your own politeness policy.

User

Reaction score
Visit site

Anyway, to anyone who is doing this mod, I also recommend you watch this too... [video=youtube_share;aQnMdOL09uY]https://youtu.be/aQnMdOL09uY[/video]

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site

Anyway, back on topic. It's a little janky and not the prettiest, but I extended the stock FZ6 lever myself to see how it performs with the additional leverage. It is indeed easier to pull the clutch and there is more friction zone. Not night and day difference, but definitely noticeable. I probably extended it by about 10-15mm. Bent the cable guide too so there's no potential excessive cable wear. In other news, the FZ07 lever I ordered just shipped. To be honest though, my mod will probably hold up just fine, it's solid, so we'll see if I end up swapping again.

S1leXUi.jpg
yTgJ2JE.jpg

User

Reaction score
Visit site

Anyway, back on topic. It's a little janky and not the prettiest, but I extended the stock FZ6 lever myself to see how it performs with the additional leverage. It is indeed easier to pull the clutch and there is more friction zone. Not night and day difference, but definitely noticeable. I probably extended it by about 10-15mm. Bent the cable guide too so there's no potential excessive cable wear. In other news, the FZ07 lever I ordered just shipped. To be honest though, my mod will probably hold up just fine, it's solid, so we'll see if I end up swapping again.

View attachment 68472
View attachment 68473

I give you major credit. That's great that you were able to improvise and achieve the desired results. It's looks a bit Mad Max, but I dig it! :thumbup:

Did you bend the hanger with my crude screwdriver through the loop and gingerly force it method?

Last edited:

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site

ha yep didn't have any nylock nuts in that size...really just used what I had.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Swapped mine out today and the clutch pull feels a lot better!

one minor question though: Did you have to replace the C-clip that holds the slave lever? Mine bent enough when getting it off that I'm not super confident in it anymore.

User

Reaction score
Visit site

Swapped mine out today and the clutch pull feels a lot better!

one minor question though: Did you have to replace the C-clip that holds the slave lever? Mine bent enough when getting it off that I'm not super confident in it anymore.

Before reinstalling it, bend it a little farther closed than it will be when it snaps in place. Should be good as new :rockon:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Oh man. Rode to work today and it is an entirely different bike. This is easily the best $20 you can spend on a fizzer.

User

Reaction score
Visit site

It's awesome to see how much this has caught on!

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I think it may have even miraculously fixed my weird clicky noise on hard acceleration that's been bugging the **** out of me for two years. Will continue testing at every available stoplight :p

User

Reaction score
Visit site

I think it may have even miraculously fixed my weird clicky noise on hard acceleration that's been bugging the **** out of me for two years. Will continue testing at every available stoplight :p

Could that clicky noise be your chain? I had quite a loose chain for a while and when it would snatch upon hard throttle, it would briefly be somewhat clicky and just overall sloppy.

Last edited:

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site

needle nose worked fine for me. I hammered the clip against the ground to flatten it out before putting it back on.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site

If anyone wants my FZ07 lever I still have it sealed in the bag. My homebrew mod is working great so I see no need to swap. $20 shipped, at your door in a few days.

EDIT: SOLD

Last edited: