wanting a longer clutch arm on my 05 FZ6

Jonohoff

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, this is my first thread here. Looks like a great forum. Just got the above mentioned bike about 2 weeks ago and am having fun riding and exploring a few possible modifications.

As the title suggests I'd like to replace the clutch arm with a longer one in order to get a wider friction zone. I have a lot of slop in the cable right now which helps by bringing the engagement closer to the handle, but I would still like to go this extra step if possible.

I've been reading quite a bit online looking for options, and the only solution I have found is one that someone named KillerNoodle over at sportbikes.net used to make.

original post

revisited

This looks perfect, but he has not been active on the forum for what looks to be over a year now so I doubt I would be able to get ahold of him, or that he is still making these.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a similar item? One like what he made with multiple mounting holes would work, or if there is one out there thats made for another bike with the same spline pattern but a longer arm that would work too. I don't care about the adjustability, just more leverage and engagement control.

Also, in the 2nd thread he made he mentions modifying the bracket that holds the end of the cable housing in place so that it is aimed in the right direction for the new longer arm so the cable doesnt rub excessively against the housing. I can probably tackle this on my own, but if a package deal exists including the arm and said bracket I'd be very interested in that.

I know this topic has been visited many times, but I have not found any solutions except KillerNoodle's, and he looks to be out of the custom part making business.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help!

-Jon

FZ6FUN4ALL

FZ 6 WFO
Reaction score
Visit site
How much interest is there out there for a bolt on kit for a longer slave lever and a bracket mod to reduce side loading ?
I had one fabricated for my 2004 FZ6 and it works great. Total cost was like 30.00. The longer clutch arm give a wider friction zone and easier clutch pull for all around improved rideability. I know the shop could get a batch made if there was enough interst to make it profitable for them at 30.00
If interrested let me know.

Hey everyone, this is my first thread here. Looks like a great forum. Just got the above mentioned bike about 2 weeks ago and am having fun riding and exploring a few possible modifications.

As the title suggests I'd like to replace the clutch arm with a longer one in order to get a wider friction zone. I have a lot of slop in the cable right now which helps by bringing the engagement closer to the handle, but I would still like to go this extra step if possible.

I've been reading quite a bit online looking for options, and the only solution I have found is one that someone named KillerNoodle over at sportbikes.net used to make.

original post

revisited

This looks perfect, but he has not been active on the forum for what looks to be over a year now so I doubt I would be able to get ahold of him, or that he is still making these.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a similar item? One like what he made with multiple mounting holes would work, or if there is one out there thats made for another bike with the same spline pattern but a longer arm that would work too. I don't care about the adjustability, just more leverage and engagement control.

Also, in the 2nd thread he made he mentions modifying the bracket that holds the end of the cable housing in place so that it is aimed in the right direction for the new longer arm so the cable doesnt rub excessively against the housing. I can probably tackle this on my own, but if a package deal exists including the arm and said bracket I'd be very interested in that.

I know this topic has been visited many times, but I have not found any solutions except KillerNoodle's, and he looks to be out of the custom part making business.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help!

-Jon

mukulu

Reaction score
Visit site
I made one just last week. I cut the stock arm up, and made a longer one using 3mm steel. I welded that to the original splined part. For the cable bracket, I just welded an extra cable sleeve thingy, from another bracket, which was from a xj6 (I think). Then had both parts blasted and powder coated. In all it cost me about £30. It has made a big difference.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, you'll find killer noodle on this forum and he has been making his levers for some time now this year he has made about 3 batches of twenty levers
Those of us that have bought his mod have, in the most part , been mighty impressed I think I have read only one report of someone preferring the original friction zone.
Anyway I waited about 3 months having parts at my disposal, for KN to be ready to do a batch
I am not saying he will undertake more but the posts" clutch levers- I'm making them again" has plenty of advice and photos of installs and testimonials as well( me included)
Good luck with it And post pics of your results as others have done