Need help with clutch slave lever!

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I've installed the KillerNoodle clutch slave lever mod. (Lever arm extension.) I've read every single page of that thread with the install instructions and followed them exactly. Before installing, I put BOTH cable adjustments all the way in, rotated the splined cylinder all the way to the right (clockwise) and pulled the slack out before sliding the lever on. The pull does feel a little bit easier. The friction zone doesn't feel at all longer and the zone feels like it is just barely at the beginning of pulling the clutch lever in. I thought it would be extended more towards the middle of the pull, but it doesnt feel that way at all. Any suggestions?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re-set the arm on the shaft splines just above the clutch (thats with the clutch cable outersheath tightened in all the way). That lever simply just isn't pulling over far enough as its not clocked correctly.

You want that lower lever just ready to pull on the clutch itself (it'll get tight as you rotate clockwise, ready to dis-engauge the clutch itself).

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
Re-set the arm on the shaft splines just above the clutch (thats with the clutch cable outersheath tightened in all the way). That lever simply just isn't pulling over far enough as its not clocked correctly.

You want that lower lever just ready to pull on the clutch itself (it'll get tight as you rotate clockwise, ready to dis-engauge the clutch itself).

Uhh, sorry. I couldn't quite follow what you're suggesting. Once I take the slave lever off the splined shaft I do what? I've already got both adjuster screwed all the way in right now. Thanks for responding.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Remove the lever on the splined shaft near the clutch. Rotate that shaft CLOCKWISE (you can use that arm temporarily) until you feel resistance, (that's the clutch starting to resist and dis-engauge).

That splined shaft is set....

Now, hook up your clutch cable normally up top at the lever, adjuster in, (NOT at the bottom yet).

You'll see at the bottom, the barrel end of the clutch cable sticking out(installed thru the engine bracket as normal).

You want to NOW re-install the lower lever on the splined shaft so that the barrel end of the cable lines up and goes together with the lever.

Once together, adjust the cable, done!! :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
just a note, if the cable is attached to the hole closest to the spline on the slave lever it will be the standard clutch pull.
the further out you attach the cable on the slave lever, the longer the friction zone will be

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
just a note, if the cable is attached to the hole closest to the spline on the slave lever it will be the standard clutch pull.
the further out you attach the cable on the slave lever, the longer the friction zone will be

Just a side note, I spoke with the op yesterday briefly (landline). He was using the 3rd hole out and was going to try re-setting the shaft/splines/ cable as I posted above...

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I run the third hole out too, that should make a sizable difgference to pull and friction zone so I reckon your right about the splines.
Hope it all works out for the OP as it is such a brilliant mod- I think one of the top ones!!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
He didn't have it together yet (at least when I spoke with him). He did mention, initially, that the pull didn't seem any lighter (?).

For the op, make sure that clutch cable is cleaned and lubed for maximum performance of the KN mod.. :thumbup:

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
OP here,

I took the lever off and started over basically. I decided to attach the cable hanger on the 4th hole at the end of the lever. Followed all the steps and reinstalled it carefully. This time I CAN notice a difference in a little bit longer friction zone and I can easily pull the clutch in with one finger. I'm not really blown away like the way some people were acting on KN's thread. I guess this means problem solved though. I'm pretty happy with where its at now and I'll leave it there this riding season. I've only had this bike for a year, so I will get good at using the clutch and possibly move it in to the third or second hole later down the line for fast enagaging/disengaging.