Clutch Adjustments?

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
So I put my pazzo's on and have been playing around with the clutch adjustment at the handlebar. (the screw thingy - not the lever tab)

The actual reach on them now is absolutely amazing and great, but the problem I'm having is I don't think there is the correct tension in the cable and its not properly engaging/unengaging. I've been trying different adjustments without much luck! Something just doesn't feel quite right!!
I tried to fix it up and when I was at work today the bike was actually trying to roll forward really really slowing with the lever all the way in!!!
I put it to the other extreme which helped a bit, but it doesn't engage as cleanly.

How do you know where they should be at tension wise so your engaging the clutch properly??

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
G'day mate,start with the adjuster on the clutch perch(the bit bolted to the bars that the lever mounts to).Wind the adjuster in most of the way & you'll find the lever comes in most of the way without putting any tension on the cable.Start winding the adjuster back out to the point that the lever just seperates from the perch(about 1-3mm) without putting any tension on the cable,thats the free play adjusted.See if that helps:thumbup:If not,check that the lever is not hitting the switch block(stoping it from coming in all the way)

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is another adjuster about half way along the cable,sits between the frame and tank on the left side,I adjusted mine there when I put a new cable on with my pazzo's so that I had heaps of adjustment at the perch.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh ok I didn't realise that.
I'll see how I go with the easier option first!

One thing is for sure, its great having the front brakes within easier reach!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, in 45000km's on the black bike....i have never had to adjust my cluch cable once!!!! :D

About to replace the thrtottle cable though....one strand has frayed just a little! :(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is another adjuster about half way along the cable,sits between the frame and tank on the left side,I adjusted mine there when I put a new cable on with my pazzo's so that I had heaps of adjustment at the perch.

Do I have to remove the tank or anything else to adjust it from there?

I know that there is a How To Thread somewhere that might show exaclty what adjuster it is so I guess I can look a bit harder.