Reaction score
Visit site
Jota Bars fitted :)

What do you think ?? 1st pic is Stock bar v Jota Bar

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Thinking of maybe making them 1/2 inch narrower either side... still have a little to play with

Last edited:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
They look really good mate. How is the ride quality with them?

Not tried them yet mate ... the new grips still need to dry out (put them on with soapy water)

Still got full lock available but only just :)

Was trial and error fitting them !!!

Anyone know if I should have used some kind of adhesive with new grips and also for the throttle assembly ??

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Wow..those bars look beautifull!!! Can I ask how much, part numbers and where you ordered them from? (Got me thinking...). Nice job.

Please post your thoughts after you have ridden with them.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow..those bars look beautifull!!! Can I ask how much, part numbers and where you ordered them from? (Got me thinking...). Nice job.

Please post your thoughts after you have ridden with them.

Thanks Boneman :)

Busters Motorcycle Accessories

I think they may be known as laverda bars over your side of the pond ... They are fully adjustable so you can tweak them to get your desired clearance ...

Very well made and quality finish on the chrome ones I bought ;)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jonathan,
Looks good (as does the gear indicator).

When are you raising the foot pegs ;)

I won't be doing this mod myself as one of the (many) reasons for choosing the Fazer as my motorbike is the comfortable sitting position, and as well as being practical it looks good and goes well. Unfortunately I 've had a few minor problems with my back, nothing serious but I want to keep it that way.

Once again, your bike's looking smarter every day, so whats the next mod?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Jonathan,
Looks good (as does the gear indicator).

When are you raising the foot pegs ;)

I won't be doing this mod myself as one of the (many) reasons for choosing the Fazer as my motorbike is the comfortable sitting position, and as well as being practical it looks good and goes well. Unfortunately I 've had a few minor problems with my back, nothing serious but I want to keep it that way.

Once again, your bike's looking smarter every day, so whats the next mod?

Thanks Cloggy ... Would love a set of Rizoma rear sets for that sporty feel as my next mod :) but I can't justify spending £300 on them !!! Might look around for a cheaper option :thumbup:

Also toying with the idea of upgrading my rear shock ... I'll probably have to wait to see what Santa brings lol ;)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
A plug for RIZOMA rear sets...they are worth every penny!!! Love mine and now they make them in all black. Those would look sick with your all black frame/engine!!!!!

Do what I did, just close your eyes when you click the "Order Now" button....it's a little less painful!

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
A plug for RIZOMA rear sets...they are worth every penny!!! Love mine and now they make them in all black. Those would look sick with your all black frame/engine!!!!!

Do what I did, just close your eyes when you click the "Order Now" button....it's a little less painful!

I like your style ;)

quick question Boneman mate ...

After replacing my throttle after installing new bars the throttle housing on the bar feels slightly loose ... I realise it may well feel better after the soapy water has dried properly but I'm wondering if I should have applied adhesive of some description ... Can't believe it is just held on with 2 screws !!??

I def ensure it is all secure before my test ride ..

Any advice would be appreciated in advance

JC :)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Not sure as I have never had my throttle body off my bars.

Not sure if this applies, but I know I've read that either on the throttle/brake assembly or the clutch assembly (not sure), there are little plastic extrusions that aling and pop into mathching holes/indents on the factory bars. I have heard of ppl having to either drill matching alignment holes in the new bars or just cut off the small plastic extrusions in order for the assemblys to fit and seat sungly on the new bars.

Sorry I can't be of more asisstance on the subject.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

Not sure if this applies, but I know I've read that either on the throttle/brake assembly or the clutch assembly (not sure), there are little plastic extrusions that aling and pop into mathching holes/indents on the factory bars. I have heard of ppl having to either drill matching alignment holes in the new bars or just cut off the small plastic extrusions in order for the assemblys to fit and seat sungly on the new bars.

Sorry I can't be of more asisstance on the subject.

Hmmm I'll have to investigate further ... I did notice indents near the end of the stock bars so will have to look into this :(

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site

Broke mine off on the clutch side whilst buggering about with something else. Not had any problems. If you're not happy about the grip, shim it inside with ideally a bit of shim steel or even insulating tape.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Broke mine off on the clutch side whilst buggering about with something else. Not had any problems. If you're not happy about the grip, shim it inside with ideally a bit of shim steel or even insulating tape.

Sorted it I think ... I've seen on the old bars that there is a hole in either side about 4mm wide for the switchgear set pin ... someone on SBN said I need to ideally drill these in the new bars so they are secure. A job for my next day off work I think :)

Someone also said I could just grind them off the switchgear but that seems a little silly to me ... rather be on the safe side ;)

I'll post some pics when I get chance ... pictures paint a thousand words and all that :)

Last edited:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't drill the holes :)

Grinded them off ... put some rubber under the switch gear on each side and its done the job excellently..... Also took off another half inch off the bars either side and it looks sweet ;)

Took her out for a test run and it feels magnificent !!!! My best mod by far as yet.... My only issue was I think I may have over torqued one of the yoke bolts slightly !! :eek: ... Didn't know my own strength ... its not done any damage to the yoke but the nut rounded slightly ... Anyone know where I can purchase replacement ones ?? Next time I'll use my torque wrench... I think I was in a rush to jump on it and take her for a spin. You live and learn.....

:thumbup:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Managed to pick up some new bolts from my local Yamaha dealer for free :)

Good bunch of lads ... Re-fitted all four with torque wrench at 23nm ..... Took her out again for a good blast and it is fantastic. Feels great around the twisties ... I'll get some final pics on when I put my new Pazzo levers on .. when they arrive ;)

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Thefred

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jonac. i just comand my jota bar and i want to know if you have a step-by-step methode to change the handlebar?

Thanks