chevyfazer checking in

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
How goes it fz6 family, just stopping in to say hey and update y'all on me and my fz1. Like me being the trasher of bikes I am at 21,000 miles I have managed to destroy my clutch and 2nd gear...yay for being ham fisted! A couple 11k launches managed to roast the clutch and more than a few quick slaps to 2nd has bent my shift forks leaving 2nd gear practically useless. If I give it more than 1\4 throttle in 2nd now it quickly pops out then reengauges just like a chain popping or clutch pop. So anyways that's where me and my fz1 stand so if anyone would like me to strength test aka torture test their bike feel free to to message me and I will be more than happy to destroy it for you lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wuddup Chev!

I thought you welded your feet to the floor and couldn't get to the computer!

Stay safe you hoon! :spank:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess if I was in the habit of destroying my beloved motorcycles I wouldn't post much about it either. Fix the bike and stop FN it up! Blah

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol well I didn't exactly mean to destroy this one I just wanted to see what the bike was made of. As for the clutch I toasted it being lined up with a 13' GSXR1000 and dusted him so the clutch was well worth shutting his big mouth up. The shift forks, tbh I don't have a clue how I bent them, I was told that slamming 2nd too hard will do it just like in a car but transmission are voodoo to me so idk

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Basically it sounds like the gears were partially forced to mesh. The shifter forks would bend if you were pushing on the shifter pedal, but the gears didn't want to engage. It would sort of kick the gear back out (from being partially engaged) and that world slam it against the still extended shifter fork.

Do you use the clutch when you shift?