Test rode a new FZ-09

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
While I have not test rode one yet, I basically love the bike but I hate the instrumentation. (If it ain't broke don't fix it!)
Thanks for a GREAT review!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
While I have not test rode one yet, I basically love the bike but I hate the instrumentation. (If it ain't broke don't fix it!)
Thanks for a GREAT review!

As a 2004 owner who desires the newer, better instruments of the 2007+ models, I find it confusing that Yamaha would make the same mistake again with omitting an analog tachometer!

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my old mini van use to be fast too in the corners. LOL
I think the combo of the throttle twich and high torque early in the power band make the bike a bit more difficult to ride.
Can it be cured with +1/-2 front/read sprockets?

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
It took me a little bit to get use to the tach. Not as sexy as a good old needle moving around but I got use to it. Actually for the size the of the tach, it's quite easy to read. Love the gear position. Not something I would have bother before but now that I got use ot it I like it. Only thing that I don't like much is to have to scroll between the water temp and miles.... get old a bit sometime.

As for the gearing I think they're bang on. I won't change a thing. 5K RPM at 70 MPH. Acceleration is awesome. The throttle is just something you need to get use to. It does the same thing... just need way less throttle input to do the same thing with 50+ ft/lb of torque @ 3K. But if you are in traffic riding mode B is quite smooth. STD mode is ok for everyday riding and mode A is the squid mode! LOL

Love the bike! Waiting on my headlight to come back from AHR and give a run to my 2008 ZX-10 rear shock! Front springs are ordered with EBC front brake pads. Getting pretty much done modding now...