checking in, and i wish it was with better news...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6 week and although i am not 100%.... 90% will do. Took the bike a bit of a ride through town last night, and then my 80+ mile commute today and i am happy to say "I AM BACK!". Well for the most part. My collar bone and ribs feel fine and i could ride for years straight i feel. Only thing is that i have lost a little confidence in myself, in the bike, and myself on the bike... and by a little i mean all...

Practice will bring it back though so i guess i gotta get back out there and ride as much as possible and get the feel for the ole' girl again!

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6 week and although i am not 100%.... 90% will do. Took the bike a bit of a ride through town last night, and then my 80+ mile commute today and i am happy to say "I AM BACK!". Well for the most part. My collar bone and ribs feel fine and i could ride for years straight i feel. Only thing is that i have lost a little confidence in myself, in the bike, and myself on the bike... and by a little i mean all...

Practice will bring it back though so i fuess i gotta get back out there and ridae as much as possible and get the feel for the ole' girl again!

That's fantastic! Confidence and skills will come back quick. Very happy for you :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to see you back in the saddle Rob! Let me know if you want a riding partner at all. I'll take it just as easy as you want to lead me.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you're back to riding Rob. Take it nice and slow, practice the basics in the parking lot to hone those skills again. Let us know when you're ready for a nice group ride.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's normal. I would be worried if you weren't a bit gun shy.

I agree 100%, just surprised me as to how much confidence i lost. I didn't freak out about the crash, not scared of riding, and through the winter i take longer time spans from riding, and have plenty of saddle time before the accident ( close to 100k miles since i started riding, and 30k miles just on the FZ6).

I am happy to be back in the saddle and look forward to re-honing my skills and getting back to where i was.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree 100%, just surprised me as to how much confidence i lost. I didn't freak out about the crash, not scared of riding, and through the winter i take longer time spans from riding, and have plenty of saddle time before the accident ( close to 100k miles since i started riding, and 30k miles just on the FZ6).

I am happy to be back in the saddle and look forward to re-honing my skills and getting back to where i was.

How is the bike looking? Still need some help getting her back to original form?