Charging problem

pizza_pablo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Whelp, I swapped the Regulator with same results.
12.4 v at the battery, with the bike running.

I checked the new Rectifier, using this video and it is SAT.

If I wouldn't have been curious of the voltage exiting the SAE connector I found, I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong, since it starts every time. :(

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, that is good info.

Your stator is fried. It either fails under load or it has a common ground with the R/R. Neither of those can be tested, but it is what the data suggests.

BTW, nice choice of cage-vehicle. I recently sold a BRZ (supercharged) and we still have 3 other Subaru's in the family.

pizza_pablo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, that is good info.

Your stator is fried. It either fails under load or it has a common ground with the R/R. Neither of those can be tested, but it is what the data suggests.

BTW, nice choice of cage-vehicle. I recently sold a BRZ (supercharged) and we still have 3 other Subaru's in the family.
The WRX is our ninth Subaru.
I test drove BRZ, FRS, Infinity Q50 and Genesis Couple.
The BRZ / FRS were fun, but too small for a daily. It would have been a much more difficult decision, had they had turbo or SC power. The WRX is just my size and style. We have many roundabouts. It's very fun!

Thanks for your help!
I think we determined that I should not attempt this repair at home, due to the likelyhood of cracking the case.
Is this correct?