changing to an analogue speedo

someone08

Reaction score
Visit site
I have hated the 06 cluster since i got my bike, but for the price i didnt care then. now after having ridden my bike for a while i am looking for an analogue speedo because you cant tell how fast you are accelerating with a digital sppedo. i was wondering if anyone has looked into this or has any advice.

(sorry for any spelling, i suck at it)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Mmmm good question. I've been wondering the same thing.

I know WAVEX swapped out his speedo/gauge with a sweet aftermarket KOSO one that made me drool (the price sure didn't!). But the only ones I've seen swapped out tend to be on the 'naked' versions...where the gauge has nothing behind it.

Here is his thread about it: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3008-koso-rx1n-speedo.html

p_051201_07228.jpg

I have yet to see someone swap out the stock gauges on a faired FZ6 and I am too curious if it could be or has been done.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have hated the 06 cluster since i got my bike, but for the price i didnt care then. now after having ridden my bike for a while i am looking for an analogue speedo because you cant tell how fast you are accelerating with a digital sppedo. i was wondering if anyone has looked into this or has any advice.

(sorry for any spelling, i suck at it)
I suck at spelling to mate (dyslexic). Download the spell checker.

If you are really cracking the throttle, maybe you should be looking at the road lol?
I do get your drift though.
Nelly

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mmmm good question. I've been wondering the same thing.

I know WAVEX swapped out his speedo/gauge with a sweet aftermarket KOSO one that made me drool (the price sure didn't!). But the only ones I've seen swapped out tend to be on the 'naked' versions...where the gauge has nothing behind it.

Here is his thread about it: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3008-koso-rx1n-speedo.html

p_051201_07228.jpg

I have yet to see someone swap out the stock gauges on a faired FZ6 and I am too curious if it could be or has been done.
That is sweeeeeeeeet, I must have been bad last year as Santa missed me.

Nelly

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Yes, it's been done. Someone here on the forum did it when they updated their 2006 or 2004 to the 2007 fairing style. You'd have to run a search to check, but I'm 100% positive that it was done here on the forum. I think a write up may have been included.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it's been done. Someone here on the forum did it when they updated their 2006 or 2004 to the 2007 fairing style. You'd have to run a search to check, but I'm 100% positive that it was done here on the forum. I think a write up may have been included.

Isn't the '07 the same as an '08? Mine has a digital speedo and analoge tach. But I thought the older models were reverse (digital tach analoge speedo)
So are we mis-reading the OP or is the OP backwards? Either way an aftermarket speedo has got to be one answer, just figuring out how to get it to read the factory signal is the trick.

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
That speedo is sexy lookin! The one thing I'd maybe change about it, is to rearrange the indicators both to the left and replace the right indicator with a gear indicator... Just a thought... Not knocking it at all because it's SICK!!!

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
the 2006 has the "hockey puck". Everything is digital including RPM and speedo. It's all in a circle format and hard to read if the sun hit it. Personally I don't care. I shift when I feel like it needs to (even when pounding around) and speed is relative to other cars on the road. I don't look at my gauges a lot and go by feel more.

the 2007 version went to an analog needle RPM with digital speedo/odo.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site

I was the one who did it here - http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/10283-07-swingarm-swap-06-complete.html
unlike here - http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/9908-multi-function-display.html
where one of the posters ended up splicing up his stock harness.

someone08

Reaction score
Visit site
ive seen the other thread, but thanks for it anyways.

the 07/08 are better, but i was looking for a complete analogue cluster. i didnt know if i could take an older one, throw it on and start connecting stuff. my brother has an XR 650R and he had to get a new speedo for it to be road legal and i didnt know if there was a bunch out there or something, or someone knew what they where talking about.(unlike myself)

im also dyslexic or maybe cixelsyd for you

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
IMHO, the digital speed readout is fine but analogue tacho is the way to go. All analogues seems so primitive plus you will need to make a lot of fairing modifications to make it look clean unless you want to go naked.

someone08

Reaction score
Visit site
yea all of it would take a lot, but i just wanted to see if anyone knew much about them, and to see what kind of options i had.