Cartridge Fork?

Y

yukon_alex

Here's a question for those in the know. According to the Yamaha Canada site, (YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA | 2007 FZ6) the 2007 FZ6 has a 43mm cartridge fork. Every other place I look, it says it has a damper rod fork. Anybody have the truth? Is it out there?

Maybe it's not the colour that distinguishes the faster bikes, but maybe the ones sold in Canada are faster? Hmmm...

Alex

PS the Yamaha site says the same about the 2008 model as well.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a question for those in the know. According to the Yamaha Canada site, (YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA | 2007 FZ6) the 2007 FZ6 has a 43mm cartridge fork. Every other place I look, it says it has a damper rod fork. Anybody have the truth? Is it out there?

Maybe it's not the colour that distinguishes the faster bikes, but maybe the ones sold in Canada are faster? Hmmm...

Alex

PS the Yamaha site says the same about the 2008 model as well.
I personally think they are both the same, the translation has been lost from Canadian to English.

Y

yukon_alex

I suspected that the Yamaha Canada site was wrong (wishful thinking on my part), but I wanted to hear from someone that actually has seen the inside of the forks. Thanks.

I have noticed that sometimes the websites of the various manufacturers have wrong info. My favorite is the Suzuki Canada site that listed a 37 litre underseat storage area for the SV650S! I'm pretty sure they copied that from one of their scooter specs.

Thanks again for the helpful information. Gotta go look up Matris valves...

Alex