F/S: 2008 Yamaha FZ6 (Gorham, Maine)

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sold! (07-07-2016)

This may seem like a reincarnation of my old "2007 FZ6, One of a Kind" Thread; and well, it kind-of is. Feel free to message or e-mail me if you'd like the whole history...just too much to write here. The bike was dropped at low speed, Damaged the Headlight, Speedo, and Stator Cover, All have been replaced. Photos of some of the damage available on request to show just how "soft" it went down.

So, What we have: A tastefully modified 2008 Yamaha FZ6. Just over 11,500 Miles. I will try to outline all of the work that has been completed and the extras that have been added. One thing that I always try to do, and often pride myself in, is the ability to reverse any modification that I have done to the bike. No frame components have been "trimmed" to allow the fork conversion; all electrical connections have utilized the stock harnesses and connectors and can be re-used.

Additions:
*Motor is completely stock

-Yamaha FZ1N European Headlight Conversion w/ Custom Brackets
-520 Chain Conversion with EK MVXZ Chain & Vortex Sprockets
-Pirelli Angel Tires (Less than 2000 miles)
-Showa BPF Front Fork Conversion from 2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (USD, High & Low Speed Compression & Rebound adjustable)
-Kawasaki ZX6R Rear Brake Caliper
-Kawasaki ZX6R Front & Rear Rim
-Nissan Radial Front Brake Calipers
-Venhill Stainless Steel Brake-Lines
-Carbon Fiber Front Fender
-Renthal Streetfighter Handlebars

I am certain that I am forgetting some key items. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have and I am more than willing to go into more detail on any item.

Asking $3,995

Clean and Clear Title in hand

I will deliver within 300 miles for the cost of Fuel and Road Sodas.

Thank you for looking and please pass along the listing if you know anyone looking for an awesome bike!!:thumbup:

Scott
[email protected]
207-653-4449

Photos

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! Good job!

Care to share the details of the front end swap? Maybe speak to the ride quality or characteristics after the swap!

It sure looks nice!

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! Good job!

Care to share the details of the front end swap? Maybe speak to the ride quality or characteristics after the swap!

It sure looks nice!

+1, interested in the info on the fork swap. The front fender is from a ZX6R too I assume? So the entire front end is on no problem? Or did you have to get shims for the forks because the spacing was different for the wheel and calipers like the R6 fork mod? Front and rear wheels were a normal mount up too? I'm very curious about this conversion. Immaculate FZ btw.

Thanks

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! Good job!

It sure looks nice!

+1, interested in the info on the fork swap. The front fender is from a ZX6R too I assume? So the entire front end is on no problem? Or did you have to get shims for the forks because the spacing was different for the wheel and calipers like the R6 fork mod? Front and rear wheels were a normal mount up too? I'm very curious about this conversion. Immaculate FZ btw.

Thanks

I used to have a nice thread outlining this but many of the photos have been disconnected.

In the most basic explanation, the swap was basically taking the entire front end off the ZX and installing it onto the FZ by modifying steering stem and upper triple.

ZX Lower Triple with Steering Stem Pressed out

ZX Steering Stem Machined to Match the FZ6 (FZ6 Stem Left, ZX Stem Right):

Lower Triple Modified to remove Original Stops, Added new Stops, Re-Installed Modified Stem:

Stock Upper Triple, Modified to remove ignition, Blank off Plates Installed, Risers Installed:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing Scott!
How would you rate the ride quality of these components?

Also, if happen to have an overlay of the stem hole to stanchion tubes to compare the offset of the two triples that would be awesome! At a glance, they look pretty similar tho!