carbon fiber

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i hear that carbon fiber turns yellow after sun or heat? sime of my friends have CF pipes and they havent turnd yellow and the arey about 2yrs old. if someone has any pics of carbonfiber turning yellow please post. or if they hade their pipes turn yellow let me know. i was going to order the leo vince CF, but if it is going to be a issue then i will just get the TI ones. please leave pics if you have yellow pipes!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
i hear that carbon fiber turns yellow after sun or heat? sime of my friends have CF pipes and they havent turnd yellow and the arey about 2yrs old. if someone has any pics of carbonfiber turning yellow please post. or if they hade their pipes turn yellow let me know. i was going to order the leo vince CF, but if it is going to be a issue then i will just get the TI ones. please leave pics if you have yellow pipes!

I have heard this as well, but it didn't happen to my 2Bros when I had them. I think the trick is to make sure you repack the cans at the recommended intervals, as this helps disapate the heat better.

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Buddy had carbons yellow on his cbr600. Don't remember which pipes they were. Sounded amazing. Wasn't really noticeable unless looking really close at the right angle from the sunlight. He rides near redline at all times even during a liesurely cruise. Don't know if the heat did it, or sunlight or what. Like I said before, pipes still looked good, but the resin or whatever's over the carbon got SLIGHTLY opaque and golden. He had that thing since junior year, so about 5 or so years before either one of us noticed.

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished reading a post about this. RSW is correct, if you re-pack these , it should not be a problem. I have a friend with Two Bros carbon fiber that are turning yellow, but the pipes are about 7 years old, was on a used bike that was used only for racing. The pies have never been re-packed. Two Bros offers all of the parts necessary for a re-packing , and I think it costs around $20 ish. I am sure that Leo Vince probably offers a kit as well.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i know that all carbon fiber turns yellow. but cant find any pics of it turned yellow. just wanted to know if it looks real bad or is it kinda hard to tell unless you are looking real close to it?

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have the C/F and so far so good. I clean the bike every 3 days or so. If it rains i clean it after i use it, otherwise just a dusting to keep the shine.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I talked to a rep at 2 bros a while back about repacking. V twins need to be repacked more ofter due the fact they run hotter. He recommended repack around 5k miles for the FZ or just swap with the left can and repack at both at 10K. Makes sense since the right can does 95%of the work.
High heat is real hard on the CF.

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
I talked to a rep at 2 bros a while back about repacking. V twins need to be repacked more ofter due the fact they run hotter. He recommended repack around 5k miles for the FZ or just swap with the left can and repack at both at 10K. Makes sense since the right can does 95%of the work.
High heat is real hard on the CF.

how the hell u change the cans over?

my leos are 2 different size's seen the devils pipes are the same!

also the pipe work is different

the carbon fibre yellows due to the sun and cheap carbon will yellow faster
and it is usually the clear coat of the part that yellows not the actual fibre!

Roguetrooper

Reaction score
Visit site
Its the resin that goes yellow but if its clear coated in uv protection clear coat or made with uv resistant resin no problems

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can just flip the Two Bro's I don't know about the other aftermarket exhausts for the FZ6.

I also read some where that some companies don't recommend or guarantee their CF cans when you push them on a dyno because they become stressed from the heat. If you have CF cans and get dyno'd maybe you could add a fan to help keep them cooler.
I didn't worry about it with aluminum cans. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69L2vAhOymg]YouTube - FZ6 DYNO[/ame]