leo's are getting orderd tomarrow

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i am going to order some leo pipes tomarrow. i am getting the carbonfiber ones, and i dont care about the whole turing yellow thing my friends have carbon and they are 5yrs old with no yellow. i am getting them for $650.00 shipped. if you know anywhere cheaper then please let me know. any bad feedback about the leo vinces befor i order i would like to here? i hope they are loud w/o the baffles?

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone took out the baffles? did it run worst w/the baffles out then with them in? just wondering if it hade less power with them out because no back pressure and pclll?

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a very good exhaust system for running without baffles. The engine just reacts faster to trottle and the engine feels less lazy. Very addictive. Very loud though, but I never ride without ear plugs so... :)

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Some movies but really short and just to give an idea of the sound. [ame="http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=jVja_fqMJYA"]YouTube - MOV00346[/ame]
[ame="http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2PGLNwlEM"]YouTube - MOV00347[/ame]

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I,ve had mine on for about 6 months and no probs,I leave the DB's in coz I leave early but I have ridden with 'em out and they are LOUD ,your gonna love 'em :thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone took out the baffles? did it run worst w/the baffles out then with them in? just wondering if it hade less power with them out because no back pressure and pclll?

After fitting mine, I left the baffles in, (mainly use the bike as a commuter), but I went for a group ride with some mates and took the baffles out.

Don't really notice any power drop, and they are heaps louder now. I love it, haven't bothered putting the dB killers back in either, but I do ride with ear-plugs all the time... it is pretty loud.

Would go even better with a PCIII, I don't have the cash to do it, so I'll just live with the pops and crackle's you get when slowing down... sounds pretty cool actually.

Great choice mate, you won't be disappointed.

:)

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
After fitting mine, I left the baffles in, (mainly use the bike as a commuter), but I went for a group ride with some mates and took the baffles out.

Don't really notice any power drop, and they are heaps louder now. I love it, haven't bothered putting the dB killers back in either, but I do ride with ear-plugs all the time... it is pretty loud.

Would go even better with a PCIII, I don't have the cash to do it, so I'll just live with the pops and crackle's you get when slowing down... sounds pretty cool actually.

Great choice mate, you won't be disappointed.

dosent the pops and crackles mean its runing too lean?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I need to sync the throttle bodies, but don't have the tools to do it at the moment. I get the pulsating revs during warm up, but that disappears as soon as you get moving.

If it's running lean, I don't notice it, the thing still goes well, I'll get around to fixing it when I have the cash.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dosent the pops and crackles mean its runing too lean?

Looks like someone isn't getting the FZ1. :rolleyes: Nice.

Usually popping is due to a rich condition. During decel the exhaust over scavenges and the unburned fuel from the motor and burns in the exhaust. Or in the case of the FZ its probably the aftermarket muffler that lets you hear more cool motor sounds than the stock muffler. :thumbup:

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like someone isn't getting the FZ1. :rolleyes: Nice.

Usually popping is due to a rich condition. During decel the exhaust over scavenges and the unburned fuel from the motor and burns in the exhaust. Or in the case of the FZ its probably the aftermarket muffler that lets you hear more cool motor sounds than the stock muffler. :thumbup:

nope no fz1 for me...yet;)
just going to fix up mine and enjoy it for a few years. insurance is so cheap on the fz6, it will almost double with a fz1.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice purchase! I'm not keen on the aftermartket exhausts myself, but those cans are great.

Glad you're sticking with the FZ6! We need more custom parts made! :D

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
i was able to get my carbon fiber leos for $636.00 out the door with free shiping. what i did was call all kinds of company;s and keep doing price mathches. i set up a deal with pipecity.com for any of our members that want to get the same price, they are only offering this deal for a short time. if you want the TI or carbon call 1800-391-2571 and ask for megan, tell her you talked to me (Josh) and i told you about the deal for $636.00 for TI or CF.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested in hearing about the experience as well!

last night i took apart my bike:rolleyes: just cant wait, now its all ready to put on my new exhaust when in get them in:rockon: i took me maybe about 30min to take every thing off. tool where mp3 player, beer, and sockets and power tools. if you real got on it i think you could do everything in about a hour. i work kinda fast, but if you just look you can see what needs to to be taken off. oh ya and thanks Jman:thumbup: the 07 is a little differnt from the 08, their were a couple of things less to take off, only like two bolts less. but all in all it was very easy to do. i was shock how heavy the stock exhaust and cat were. real heavy, and i can see how much that cat blocks the exhaust flow.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/8759-leo-vince-install.html