Can't stop modding.......

pascal1973

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, friend of mine has a stock FZ6, and asked if he could ride mine.
When he came back he was so surprised! He then asked me what i had done to make it like it is. When i explained, he asked if i was crazy, am i?!
I've done quite a few mods in the 2 years i own the bike, mainly handling and performance.

Nissin 19mm radial master cilinder.
img0011hd.jpg

Gear indicator, 12V socket.
img0012zu.jpg

FZ1 bars and custom stainless steel ends.
img0013xxl.jpg

OSO2K setback plates, took the peg supports of the subframe,Aluminium pegs, carbon heelplates,Wilbers 641 shock with hydraulic preload adjuster, welded mount to the subframe to hold the adjuster.
img0014pwr.jpg

PK power Quickshifter.
img0019ao.jpg

R6 Forks and calipers, stainless brake lines.
img0020yx.jpg

Custom fender eliminator, led indicators.
img0015yz.jpg

Power commander 3, speedo healer, 15T sprocket.

I still have a few more things on the way, the exhaust will be ceramic coated,new model swing arm just got back from the powdercoater, and the clutch slave lever will be extended when i get the parts in.

Call me crazy if you like, i love the way my baby rides....my mate has a R1, and he always wants to swap, he loves the way mine handles......now that is a compliment!

Last edited:

pascal1973

Reaction score
Visit site
I must have forgotten a few things, like the exhaust, hugger and chopped(summer) windscreen, but i guess you get the point.....i can't stop......

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome job man!!!!!!

I've always wondered why people do the R6 forks, is it better handling? Why? Not 100%.

I'd love to d these mods, just gotta wait for the cash to do them lol. :thumbup: from me though

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Not at all, I like it. He probably noticed the big difference because of the shock and forks.

pascal1973

Reaction score
Visit site
Right, forks and shock make the bike so much more fun! The brake-upgrade was welcome too, together with the radial pump it's awesome.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So what rear shock is on it? Any issue with spring rate for and aft?

For anyone questioning the R6 fork mod, DO IT! Worth every penny! The Bling will be the smile on your face!

Any details on the setup would be nice to hear about too! Tks and GOOD JOB! Could you resize them pic's?? :eek:

pascal1973

Reaction score
Visit site
Rear shock is Wilbers 640, set at 12 clicks out,spring is for rider weighing 90 kilo, with hydraulic preadjuster. Forks are at 4 clicks rebound,and compression is at 6 clicks out. Forks are 6mm up through the tripple. Handling the bike is easy, forgiving, and loads of fun pushing hard. No headshakes or other nervous reaction of the front. The back is sooooo much better, i can really feel the rear tire bite when exiting faster corners. I couldn't get any feedback from the stock shock, and it's not even an Öhlins!

pascal1973

Reaction score
Visit site
Little update, found some time to change the rear swing. Bought 1 used for 50€, had it sandblasted and powdercoated for another 50€. New bearings were 20€. We had a good 3 hours of work, including changing the rear for a Bridgestone S20R. Colour is slightly off,but when the sun shines, you can hardly see. Sadly we don't have too much sun here.....
I resized the older pics ;)
img0168bn.jpg

img0167nv.jpg

img0165th.jpg

img0169po.jpg

Last edited:

pascal1973

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a used 05 subframe, grinded the supports off, then sanded and painted it. A quickshifter cuts the injection when it is activated. You activate it by shifting up, because of the pull on the sensor, the Power commander shuts down the injection. So, full throttle clutchless shifting.Sooo addictive....:BLAA:
Oh, the kit i used to move the rider pegs, i bought from a member here at the forum, OSO2K.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/member.php?u=979

Send him a dm, he might have some stock left.

Last edited:

Blackops272

Reaction score
Visit site
What kit did you use to move your foot pegs, andwhat is that quick shifter ?does it just shorten the pull with your foot?

a quick shifter allows you to go UP the gears without shutting the throttle off, so you could rip the throttle completly open and change up gears at the same time!! :D :rockon:

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking very nice. Got some very tidy mods, bet it handles like a dream now. Just a quick question, where dod you get the foot pegs from? i would love a set of them in black