Can I roll the bars forward?

Reaction score
Visit site
I have long arms and while I love the more upright stance, I notice I get a stiff burner in my neck after about 45 minutes from my elbows being bent, I also thirst for a little more agressive stance and feel on the bike. Can I loosen the bolts and just role the bars forward (so to speak), then adjust all the stuff to fit correctly?:confused:

W

wrightme43

I have moved them forward and backwards. Just test and make sure there is no inadvertant throttle action, and you have full range of motion.

Reaction score
Visit site
Any tank/fairing clearence issues to be concerned with, or other safety related stuff ? I like the feel of being a little bit more over the front wheel, but I'm not ready to go with full sport bike bars.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you can roll them if you want, i found (when i tried) that it puts a weird twist on the bars, on thing that a lot of folks have doe to solve problems like yours is to swap over to the FZ1 bars or clip ons.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
from what i have read you can re-use everything and transfer it over to the FZ1 bars since they are the same diameter, and i think the bars are cheap too from Yamaha. For some reason $30 or so is sticking in my head.

Reaction score
Visit site
I found this image thru Google. If this is what they are like, I think that may work. THANKS!!!
Thanks, this site rocks :rockon:

if anyone can confirm that, I'll place the order...Thanks again!

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You might also try lowering the front of the bike by 1/2" or 1".

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are the Suburban Machinery FZ1 bars. Pricey, but they look nice. Supposedly a good fit on the FZ6 too.

$165 last time I checked. A bit steep compared to $40 for FZ1 bars, but darn cool lookin'. I actually rolled my bars back a bit, leaving just enough clearance to the tank to not smack my fingers at full lock. A little more aggressive (not much), but avoids the "beach cruiser" bar look that I didn't much care for.