Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Calling all Hoons! SoCal July 5th

Calling all Hoons! Calling all Hoons!

Was talking to WestgoingZax (Alex) last night and we're going for a ride on Monday July 5th. Haven't nailed down where, but jump in and we'll form a ride.
I could go for Idyllwild or rail Montezuma/Banner Grade or South/East Grades @Palomar Mountain.

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Would love to go but that Monday is booked for me already... ride safe and post pics!!!

Last edited:

8-oji

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, got something to do that day or else I'd be joining you guys. Missed out on the last S. Cal ride and I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Ride safe y'all.:thumbup:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The wife and I get back from our trip to Indiana late night on the 4th. Put me down as a "yes" tentatively. :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The wife and I get back from our trip to Indiana late night on the 4th. Put me down as a "yes" tentatively. :D

Have you spoken to Barrett about the ride?

Sorry we won't see Dave and John this trip. They have their riding cut out for them already. Have fun Brothers!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, got something to do that day or else I'd be joining you guys. Missed out on the last S. Cal ride and I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Ride safe y'all.:thumbup:

Thanks man! We'll see you next time!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can go, just got the :thumbup: from she who controls all:D
Where's the meeting place?

Jerry

Cool! Haven't positively nailed it down but I was thinking maybe Idyllwild. We could do Palomar and Montezuma to Banner grade.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay It looks like Idyllwild, Ca. might be a nice run.

We can meet at the Temecula Mobile gas station @ 44520 Bedford Court @ 9 AM

We'll have multiple meet-ups. StarBucks by the Home Depot in Mira Mesa near the 15 frwy. The Mobile at 76 and 15 near Pala and final meet-up at Temecula Mobile.
Here's a route we'll take.http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...658924,-116.911697&spn=0.214609,0.445976&z=12
Please remember Sage Rd. can have some tricky stuff if you're pushing it. We'll have a pre-ride chat especially for any who haven't ridden this area before.
Hope to see you all out there. I missed the last Idyllwild ride so I'm looking forward to it.
Again If you have a Chatterbox we'll use channel 5 group 21 on GMRS. If you have a GMRS walkie talkie bring it. Additionally PM me with your mobile number so we can exchange numbers.

Although we'll probably be railing 243 up from Banning I would like to take a few moments for us to pull into some scenic pull-offs and take some pics together.

As always ATGATT and hydration are super important.

If there are a majority that want to run Palomar/Montezuma/Banner Grade/Julian, please chime in!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to tweak the Google map a bit so if you've gone over it, please go over it again. You will notice that instead of Google letting you make a left hand turn on to Sage Road from Temecula Prkwy (79) it takes you past Sage and you do a series of un-needed turns to come back and make a right hand turn onto Sage Road. Unless there's something new going on there, we will make the left right at Sage Rd. :Flip:

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for putting the route together Motogiro. I'm tentative because of my back... but hopefully I'll be all healed up and ready to ride Monday!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Thanks for putting the route together Motogiro. I'm tentative because of my back... but hopefully I'll be all healed up and ready to ride Monday!

Bigeloil, "a local veterinary aid" available at any animal feed store, it works great. Also try a magnetic back support available a Wally World in the sports dept.:thumbup:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bigeloil, "a local veterinary aid" available at any animal feed store, it works great. Also try a magnetic back support available a Wally World in the sports dept.:thumbup:

Jerry

Actually I do have some miracle stuff. It's called Pentrex and 've seen this stuff surprise people with it's healing properties. I'll give Alex a buzz tonight....

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Additional info:
I saw A guy I met a few weeks ago and invited him to come with us and he said he was good for the trip. His name is Charles and he rides a CBR600RR.

Also spoke with Smokenu (Dave) tonight and he's trying to work out a possible tire problem and if all goes well. he'll join us Monday.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! Greetings from Louisville, KY :D

We won't be returning to SD until early morning the 5th, so I won't be able to participate in this awesome ride :( However, if anyone is up for the following weekend, I'm ready!