Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon:Okay all you Hoons! And you know who you are! Haha:D

This is a call out for "The November 7th 09 SoCal Ride". The plan is to ride up the mountains to Idyllwild, Ca. which I did this last Sunday. It was a blast! A lot of it is much more open of course than the tight South Grade run that we did Sept 12th.:eek:
I think we'll be a little more relaxed on this run. A lot less fast inexperienced traffic!:Sport:
I thought of how you all might really like this ride.

All did such a fantastic job with suggestions and tips on how we should do this from our more experienced riders as well as riders who cooperated as a great team.

The town of Idyllwild has some decent eats. We ate at a place called the Gnome.

I know it's a shorter notice than we had for the Sept ride but I'm thinking if we're riding at those elevations it might be prudent to go earlier in the season.

I'm ready! Calling all Hoons!:rockon:

Hope to hear from all of you soon,

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoohoo! Sounds like a fun time. Count me in. I've been curious about Idyllwild since we saw Jim and Shark at Starbucks and they tried to talk us going up there with them.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoohoo! Sounds like a fun time. Count me in. I've been curious about Idyllwild since we saw Jim and Shark at Starbucks and they tried to talk us going up there with them.

Oh yeah! Very fun ride. We did some tricky roads coming in from the south west direction last Sunday but we'll pick a more common meeting place to start the ride for those coming in from the northwest and other parts.

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Keep me posted. I'm interested, but i have to see how my work load for grad school is, so I probably won't know until a day or two before hand. But it would be awesome to ride my home turf again (I grew up in Idy).

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon: Alright! Looking good!:rockon:
Gonna ride Palomar with some neighbors tomorrow am. We're leaving Mira Mesa around 9:30 and will meet up with anyone who want to get in on this. Even if it's on the mountain at Mother's.
Yay!!! Haha!:cheer:

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Finals week.....hmmmm................. I'm in :Sport: :D

lol Mike...

I am going to try to make this ride... Idyllwild is beautiful... one of my favorite in terms of scenery, and the road is super smooth too... as long as the weather is not too cold this should be an amazing day.

John took me through a crazy tight (and awesome) back road up there one day and I'd love to do it again...

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon: Alright! Looking good!:rockon:
Gonna ride Palomar with some neighbors tomorrow am. We're leaving Mira Mesa around 9:30 and will meet up with anyone who want to get in on this. Even if it on the mountain at Mother's.
Yay!!! Haha!:cheer:

Ride Safe Cliff and hope to see you in 2 wks...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Finals week.....hmmmm................. I'm in :Sport: :D

Sometime a little break for the soul makes all the other stuff work amazingly well....

lol Mike...

I am going to try to make this ride... Idyllwild is beautiful... one of my favorite in terms of scenery, and the road is super smooth too... as long as the weather is not too cold this should be an amazing day.

John took me through a crazy tight (and awesome) back road up there one day and I'd love to do it again...

Yes we took some crazy stuff getting up there from S.D. way. The Ride you and John took yesterday looked amazing. Wanna do that one also. Great pictures!

Ok Johnny where are you? Hahah

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ride Safe Cliff and hope to see you in 2 wks...

Had a great ride on South Grade. Rode it about 6 times and then we rode Mesa Grande Rd. Stopped in Ramona for a late lunch cuz we only stopped for gas and a sip of waterthe whole day and then blasted home. Fun time!
Can't wait to get some more folks on board for this Nov. 7th Yeah!!:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
bummer - I'm heading to Johnson Valley this weekend to camp at a big jamboree...I'll catch you guys next time!

Oh Man! We're missing you again!?!? Yeah we're going camping next weekend before it gets too cold. Have fun at Jamboree! I'm sure we'll hook up some time.
Just did a little maintenance on the Rubi and now ready to go....

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
look's like a buddy of mine (Red fzer) from Rosamond, Ca "Home of Willow Springs Raceway" may join us for the ride.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
look's like a buddy of mine (Red fzer) from Rosamond, Ca "Home of Willow Springs Raceway" may join us for the ride.

:rockon:Very cool! Hmmm Willow Springs.....Has he joined the forum yet?
:cheer:Counting down the days to Nov.7:cheer:

:D:Flash:Okay all you Hoons! Who's coming with us?:Flash::D

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested for sure! I'd have to be back in Studio City by 6, so it'll depend on the timeframe a little bit.

I missed my Laguna Seca track day this week due to a last minute trip back east and am dying to ride somewhere new/epic to take my mind off it.

Last ride with you guys was great, so I'm sure this one will be a blast!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested for sure! I'd have to be back in Studio City by 6, so it'll depend on the timeframe a little bit.

I missed my Laguna Seca track day this week due to a last minute trip back east and am dying to ride somewhere new/epic to take my mind off it.

Last ride with you guys was great, so I'm sure this one will be a blast!

Yes! That's so cool! :rockon: I'll bring that disc from the last ride to give to you.

:DI know we'll have a great time!:Flash:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I should be able to make this ride. Let's have a definitive starting point and time.

How does Banning sound for a meet up point? SD riders can meet up and group at the same Mobile station,Pala Rd. rt.76 and the 15 frwy where we met at on Sept 12th ride.Then north from there to meet the rest of the riders from La/LongBeach/Orange cnty areas.

We could also meet at Idyllwild, Hemet or Temecula. 10 AM in Temecula would be cool cuz we could take some cool rds. like Sage Rd. toward Hemet, gas up and up to Idy. Up and down toward Banning and then lunch in Idy and more fun riding.

Last edited: