The November 7th 09 SoCal Ride

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:( The New guy just missed out. So bummed:. I hope to catch you guys next time.

:welcome: Rocko! This a great forum with some really solid great people. You'll enjoy it here.

Keep an eye out for a new ride. Some times I'll head out local like Palomar, Montezuma Valley Rd or Banner Grade.

Later and welcome again!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
nice vidz and photos Cliff... is it me or the wide angle makes it look likes we're going much faster than on my vids... or maybe its the v-twin sound that makes it all seem more relaxed :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
nice vidz and photos Cliff... is it me or the wide angle makes it look likes we're going much faster than on my vids... or maybe its the v-twin sound that makes it all seem more relaxed :)

There is something to be said about the FZ6 being closer to it's power-band. I've generally never felt I needed to keep it in the higher revs cuz I can dump out of the higher gears and be where i need to go pretty quickly but yesterday I experimented keeping it closer to the motor's happy place. That may be one of the illusions but we were at those points, going faster. I did glance at the speedo once or twice when it felt like we were having the most fun and won't disclose what could be an error on the FZ6 speedo anyway.
There were times we were riding faster than others. We were having fun and that's real time on the GoPro. So to answer your question, I don't think the lens has anything to do with it. I have video where we're going easier...Hahaha!

Again thanks to every one for coming and having a great time on this ride!

Yeah!:BLAA:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And just in case any missed it yesterday, here's the other video we did for Hellgate...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8q5uc_3mK8]YouTube - Brub brub brub brub brub brub[/ame]

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Next organized ride, let's try to get the Northern California members involved. North meets South.

Should be planned months ahead and maybe arrange the ride in the middle part of the state, over a span of two or even three days that would require an overnight stay somwhere we could go out and terrorize the local town.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Next organized ride, let's try to get the Northern California members involved. North meets South.

Should be planned months ahead and maybe arrange the ride in the middle part of the state, over a span of two or even three days that would require an overnight stay somwhere we could go out and terrorize the local town.

Sounds like a cool idea! The NorCal SoCal Ride!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
There is something to be said about the FZ6 being closer to it's power-band. I've generally never felt I needed to keep it in the higher revs cuz I can dump out of the higher gears and be where i need to go pretty quickly but yesterday I experimented keeping it closer to the motor's happy place. That may be one of the illusions but we were at those points, going faster. I did glance at the speedo once or twice when it felt like we were having the most fun and won't disclose what could be an error on the FZ6 speedo anyway.
There were times we were riding faster than others. We were having fun and that's real time on the GoPro. So to answer your question, I don't think the lens has anything to do with it. I have video where we're going easier...Hahaha!

Again thanks to every one for coming and having a great time on this ride!

Yeah!:BLAA:

yeah there were a couple of parts where we kept the pace up, but nothing crazy... I barely had to use the brakes (trying to copy Cali_Rider :)) as most of it was just smooth transitions... great times!! :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah there were a couple of parts where we kept the pace up, but nothing crazy... I barely had to use the brakes (trying to copy Cali_Rider :)) as most of it was just smooth transitions... great times!! :rockon:

Yeah there was one time we stopped and I could smell that oh so happy hot tire smell.Hahaha...
Agree on the more relaxed attack of turns with less or no brake and that was another perk of keeping my motor banked in a lower gear. My slowdown into the turns was more decompression brake and hardly had to use the brakes. The only thing I'd like better is a little smoother on-off throttle response which the FZ6 seems to lack. The acceleration was much more exciting with the RPMs already up. Behaves like a totally different bike. I forgot to close my steering damper a couple of times cuz I like to open it in town. I loosened it in traffic for quicker response so when we got back to playing I would feel something was off and then realized the damper was open and closed it.
The Buell sounded and looked so great in the twisties yesterday. I wish I could capture what my eyes sees when you guys are in front and we're blasting but that's another time and camera. Unfortunately what you see on the GoPro is far different from the eye and everyone seems so much farther away.
I watch and I learn from every one and have a great experience every time!

Thanks

Last edited:

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Great idea:thumbup:

Let's start planning this ride. With the Holidays and the New Year right around the corner, I know I'll be locked up at work:disapprove:till 2010.

anytime after the New Year and I'll be there:thumbup:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I could capture what my eyes sees when you guys are in front and we're blasting but that's another time and camera. Unfortunately what you see on the GoPro is far different from the eye and everyone seems so much farther away.

I wish I could have somehow recorded you guys cooking around the mountain side from my view at a lower elevation. It looked like miniature toy motorcycle streaking up the road. It was cool to see.

Me too!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah there was one time we stopped and I could smell that oh so happy hot tire smell.Hahaha...
Agree on the more relaxed attack of turns with less or no brake and that was another perk of keeping my motor banked in a lower gear. My slowdown into the turns was more decompression brake and hardly had to use the brakes. The only thing I'd like better is a little smoother on-off throttle response which the FZ6 seems to lack. The acceleration was much more exciting with the RPMs already up. Behaves like a totally different bike. I forgot to close my steering damper a couple of times cuz I like to open it in town. I loosened it in traffic for quicker response so when we got back to playing I would feel something was off and then realized the damper was open and closed it.
The Buell sounded and looked so great in the twisties yesterday. I wish I could capture what my eyes sees when you guys are in front and we're blasting but that's another time and camera. Unfortunately what you see on the GoPro is far different from the eye and everyone seems so much farther away.

Thanks

Thanks man! The Buell felt great... it loves to rail :) Next time we'll have to stop and take pics of everyone though a nice corner...

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site

I think seeing all the stuff fly by in the periphery of the wide angle definitely helps the sense of speed, at the expense of making the camera bike look like it's a lot further behind than Cliff really was ;)

Same argument could be made for helmet vs fixed mounts I suppose. I'm glad we had a good variety, so thanks to all you guys who took the vids and the photos! Awesome stuff!!! And thanks to John for leading, awesome pace!

Since ACH is closed, I'd like to get you guys up here to Malibu or Lake Hughes sometime, but I know its far. Vegas' idea for a North meets south ride would be a lot of fun too! Other than the coast, I only really know one or two roads in "Central" Cal... sure we can find something though!