Buying my FZ6 in four days, what can I expect?

csdst7

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the middle of selling my 2000 Katana to buy an 06 FZ6. This will be my third bike so I feel that I ready for this faster machine. But most importantly, I'm looking for a bike that is comfortable to drive for at least 2 hrs. What is everyone's opinion on this? And will my wife be comfortable on this bike for 1-2 hr rides?

I also plan on fabricating a small back rest for my wife. I would buy the corbin but too expensive for my tast. Besides, I like building stuff. Wish me luck.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent bike :) i have rode bike al day long with no issues both with and without passenger. Best allround bike there is. will take you anywhere and everywhere and then wont hang about when you want to live on the wild side :thumbup: hope you enjoy your new bike :)

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep,

Everything KingY said is 120% true. You are going to be throughly impressed with the comfort and the explosiveness. Great choice, enjoy.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you can expect to spend a whole lot more then you already have on the bike.
As soon as you've got your first couple of miles on it the modding virus will strike,
dual headlights, exhaust, seat, handlebar, brake/gear levers, foot pegs, rim stripes etc :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First :welcome:csdst7!!

The first thing you can expect is making a lot of cool friends here on the best bike forum around. Yes we can heckle each other but we're all friends here.
In addition there are many people with various life experience and bike experience that are willing to give a hand to other members.

Then there's the bike. Some like it more for touring and put the boxes and bags on them and head out for parts unknown for great adventures. Others mod. them and get the bikes looking buff and naked. Some mod. them towards canyon blasting and the spirited riding. Your getting the best all round bike there is. Yamaha hit the mark with this bike and I've always been surprized at what it gave back to me above and beyond the call of duty. In other words, "Dude...you'll be stoked!"

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome:

All of the above, you will be pleasantly surprised at how diverse the bike is and how it manages to fit whatever mood your in, canyon carving, cruising, touring or commuting.

I don't know your age, but for those of us getting a little older, ok, maybe just me :D, I find that, when touring, the circulation in my nether regions starts to suffer around the 2 hour mark. I deal with this by rotating through various body positions. You may want to consider looking into an aftermarket 'comfy' seat (I know I will when finances allow).

csdst7

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all the welcoming comments and input! I get to pick up the bike in 3 days now and can't wait!
My biggest problem with the Katana was that my hands would always get sore. I'm hoping that with the FZ's more upright riding position will give me the comfort I'm looking for. I'd be lieing if I said that I wasn't looking forward to seeing how much quicker and manuverable the FZ will be too!