brake hose brakets

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
round about a year or so ago i converted/modified my 06 fazer with 07 forks/calipers and fender plus the swingarm.

what i would like from you 07 on folks is a couple of close up pics of the front fender. there are two brackets ,one on each side, that hold the brake lines, i would like to know which bracket fits where since they are different. i have to replace my brake lines to ss ones, i ve been postponing this for donkey's years now, i must do it sometime in the near future.

as you can see in the pic the lines are still the original 06 ones that are hanging mid air over the fender, which of course look ugly.

thx for your help

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On my 07, the left side bracket is stock, I made a duplicate one of it out of aluminum and bolted it to the right side, see below pic's:

It keeps the SS lines off the fender. I also ran the lines thru the throttle cable guide as they custom made longer for bar risers...

*3-8-12, 9:08PM, Update: Looking closer, I used the stock right one as a template but DID NOT do the 2 90' bends at the end but kept both brackets flat . I drilled 2 holes in the end for tie wraps to secure the SS braided lines. (Its been awhile since I made this particular mod)...:)

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On my 07, the left side bracket is stock, I made a duplicate one of it out of aluminum and bolted it to the right side, see below pic's:

It keeps the SS lines off the fender. I also ran the lines thru the throttle cable guide as they custom made longer for bar risers...

That's exactly what I wanted when I installed my HEL lines. On the one side it just rests on the fender an slides around.

You didn't happen to stamp out any extra copies, did ya? :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
thx townsends for the pics. the custom made bracket does the job very well plus it looks neat and identical to the stock one. thx for the idea as it was one of my major worries that the ss lines would rub on the fender and rub the paint off

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's exactly what I wanted when I installed my HEL lines. On the one side it just rests on the fender an slides around.

You didn't happen to stamp out any extra copies, did ya? :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Glad it helped in giving you some direction. As I re-call, I actually copied most of the original bracket to a piece of aluminum (1/16"?), made it flat with the two holes for tying the hoses to the bracket.. Both sides are exactly the same.

And no, I didn't make any extra's.... I could if need be, PM me. I'd have to figure out how much time it'd take to make them. Probably close to $20/$25 for 2 and a couple for shipping.. You already have the hardware holding your fender on.. There's a bit of cutting, a couple of holes and a fair amount of filing for the inner flat cut (that goes up against the fork) plus cleaning up, paint, etc....

Last edited:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
what I ended up doing was I ordered a set of brackets from the fz8, they are very thin metal and very pliable so not as sturdy as the stock 07 bracket but anyway. all that is needed is to rub off the locking tab that sits in the fz8 forks and job done. I actually completed this job not long ago.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
here are the fz1 part numbers, i could not find the fz8 numbers online. the fz 1 brackets look very similar to fz8 so no problems should arise apart from grinding a tab at the back of the bracket to fit flush to the fz6 fork leg. these brackets are very pliable so you can bend and twist them to your liking.

rhs 2d1 25875 00 00
lhs 2d1 25876 00 00

they don t actually look better than yours REO, just a different approach. your brackets sit closer to the fork leg than mine, so i prefer yours. i wanted the over the fender setup, because i cannot live with a useless bracket hole at the back of the fender. i had to rotate the brackets a bit backwards as otherwise the brake line was pulling the tab out of the fender if i put the brackets closer to the fork leg, so i had to make do with this configuration.

Last edited: