fork/front bake help needed

wal09c

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently wrecked my 2007 fz6 and the front forks were bent. I then went on ebay and bought a pair of forks from an older year somewhere between 04-06 and was told that they would work on a 07, well turns out they work fine till you try and put the front brake calipers back on and the brackets for the bolts are maybe a third of an inch closer together on the new forks then they were on the old. So right now I have them on the bike with one bolt holding it on as tight as I can get it so I basically dont use my front brakes becuase of this. My question would be what suggestions would anyone have in fixing this? I can seem to find any used 2007 forks anywhere and all the shops I go to want 1000 dollars for new ones which I cant afford. Is there someway I can use used R6 forks since there are more used ones out there? and of course are there any R6 forks that would fit my front brake calipers? Could really use some help here any suggestions would be great!!

I recently wrecked my 2007 fz6 and the front forks were bent. I then went on ebay and bought a pair of forks from an older year somewhere between 04-06 and was told that they would work on a 07, well turns out they work fine till you try and put the front brake calipers back on and the brackets for the bolts are maybe a third of an inch closer together on the new forks then they were on the old. So right now I have them on the bike with one bolt holding it on as tight as I can get it so I basically dont use my front brakes becuase of this. My question would be what suggestions would anyone have in fixing this? I can seem to find any used 2007 forks anywhere and all the shops I go to want 1000 dollars for new ones which I cant afford. Is there someway I can use used R6 forks since there are more used ones out there? and of course are there any R6 forks that would fit my front brake calipers? Could really use some help here any suggestions would be great!!

First off I would not ride it until the brakes are fixed, if for some unforeseen reason you had to stop quickly you could be in for a nasty surprise.

As for fixing it, you have a couple options. I think the easiest would be to find some calipers from a 04-06 fz and just swap them out and all should be fine after that.

First off I would not ride it until the brakes are fixed, if for some unforeseen reason you had to stop quickly you could be in for a nasty surprise.

As for fixing it, you have a couple options. I think the easiest would be to find some calipers from a 04-06 fz and just swap them out and all should be fine after that.

TWO WORDS: PARK IT!

I have pristine set of 08 forks with 82XX miles on them. PM if me if interested.

+1 on not riding it!!

If you go with the 06 calibers, their 2 pot (pistons), not 4 pots as the 2007 and up do. You'll have a slight decrease in braking performance with the 06 brakes...

IMHO, I'd be looking real close at those 08 forks and sell the ones you have now, you'll recover a good part of your money going that route...

***In the future, do your homework when dealing with E-Bay, obviously, someone lied to you about fitment and now you get to fix it.. Better yet, RETURN THEM, as they DO NOT FIT what they told you they'd fit.

Last edited:
So what came of this? You Ever find some sporks? Did they take those forks back?

Back