Black Wheel Touch-up

Daybreaker

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased my 2007 FZ6 a month ago. The front wheel had some small scratches down to the aluminum on them. I was cleaning it the other night and thought I would touch-up the scratches with some paint on a toothpick. The I had a better idea. I do a lot of gunsmithing and have a product called Birchwood Casey's Aluminum Black. I thought what the heck. I got it out put some on a q-tip and applied it to the scratches. They just turned black just like the wheel!

Thought I'd pass this along to all that need to touch-up some scratches on black aluminum parts.

Here's a link to the product.
MidwayUSA - Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black Metal Touch Up

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! On a side note do you have any advice on upgrading a S&W 4506 that feels loose? It was my first pistol (I've put thousand of rounds through it by now) and I want to keep it. I don't know anything about gunsmithing since my other weapons are revolvers and AK's and I take good care of them, never had any problems. It feels like the slide is just way too loose, is there a much firmer spring I can order for it to make it feel more 1911ish???:hijack::D

Daybreaker

Reaction score
Visit site
First of all yeah I know the post is worthless without pictures. However taking a picture of a black wheel is not worth the time and or effort. I thought this might work but not all aluminum is the same. Therefore the Aluminum Black does not always work on all aluminum. It is trial and error. It just so happened that it worked real good on the wheels.

As far as the 4506 S&W, check the slide to frame fit. I know that the 1911's slide can be squeezed to fit the frame better. I don't think the 4506 has a barrel bushing, if it does it can be changed. Actually loose is good to a point. As far as functionality loose is better. Look at a Glock. But if you want accuracy there has to be a good fit between the barrel and slide not so much as frame to slide. The barrel follows the slide.

Hope this helps,
Daybreaker ( My Cowboy Action ALIAS )

Last edited: