Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Sorry, a few more questions:

1. How did you re-seal your headlight lenses once they were removed using oven or heat gun? Did you just re-heat it again and press them together, or did you need to use some additional glue or silicone?

2. What did you do with the factory wiring harness conenctors that plug into the back of the stock bulbs? Do those connectors just get cut off and the wires now go to the ballasts? Any more info , pics or diagrams on your wiring would be most appreciated (even a crude MS Paint sketch would help!).

Thanks again for all your efforts here! I'm seriously considering this mod, hence all the questions. :thumbup:

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site

CodeMonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to do the same for my FZ6, but I can't afford it right now. Maybe in a month or two.

If anyone wants to go in it with me and live close to Oklahoma let me know. Or if you live in Salt Lake City, I have family there who will be visiting us during the summer.

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, a few more questions:

1. How did you re-seal your headlight lenses once they were removed using oven or heat gun? Did you just re-heat it again and press them together, or did you need to use some additional glue or silicone?

2. What did you do with the factory wiring harness conenctors that plug into the back of the stock bulbs? Do those connectors just get cut off and the wires now go to the ballasts? Any more info , pics or diagrams on your wiring would be most appreciated (even a crude MS Paint sketch would help!).

Thanks again for all your efforts here! I'm seriously considering this mod, hence all the questions. :thumbup:

You're :welcome:

The glue was still there after I opened the housing by heat gun. So I re-heat it again and seal it. How lazy am I :D

But, there is additional glue pack included in the kit. You may try to clean up the unnecessary glue after opening it and seal it with the new glue.

About the wiring, no worries at all. The kit comes with installation manual in English with fully detailed illustrations and wiring diagrams.

But something important you need to understand.

You may noticed that the H4 bulb is connected with 3 power wires to make hi/low beam. And the H7 bulb is connected with only 2 power wires due to low beam only. The connectors, however, are the same.

The controller of the projector controls the hi/low beam and it should also be connected by 3 power wires. So the factory H4 connector with 3 power wires would be perfect for it.

However, to make both hi/low beam, you'll need another factor H4 connector with 3 power wires connecting to the projector on the H7 side.

The rest is ez. Split the H4 wiring into two and connet them to the controllers of the projectors on both sides.

3491312037_dcf8f099a3.jpg

Love to answer more questions ;)

Enjoy

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
You just order another factory H4 connector from your Yamaha dealer?

Nope.

This is the controller.

3493338158_4507958a93.jpg

It's the same controller in both H4 and H7 kit.

Look at the connector on the controller. It should be perfect for factory connector that was connected to H4 bulb.

3493338224_962ba38ee7.jpg

There're two extra converters only in the H7 kit for converting H7 wiring to H4 to make hi/low beam.

3493338004_807e658b62.jpg

Look at the connector on the converter. It's the same as the factory H4 connector!
3493338068_3045e1f16c.jpg

Since this converter is only for car and useless for our FZ6 mods. I cut the connector off the converter and you know what to do next. ;)

I know the controller looks scary with so many connectors.

But don't worry too much about the wiring.

Just follow the installation manual step by step and it's much easier than you imagine. :D

Last edited:

d6hd6h

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good! As soon as I figure out how to get all the proper pieces, I will be doing this mod!!!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I was surprized at the lack of competition/bidding to be honest!

Oh well, yippie for me! :cheer:

EDIT: Payment sent!

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Received the projector today!! If only I had the ballasts too.....:(

@Gozilla - Can you PM or post some pics of where you mounted the controllers and ballasts? It would be very helpful! I'm more worried about fninding places for all that than opening up the headlight assembly/lenses in the oven!

Cheers

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Received the projector today!! If only I had the ballasts too.....:(

@Gozilla - Can you PM or post some pics of where you mounted the controllers and ballasts? It would be very helpful! I'm more worried about fninding places for all that than opening up the headlight assembly/lenses in the oven!

Cheers

Glad u received them :welcome:

The ballasts and controllers just fit my 2006 FZ6. I'll post more pics ASAP.

:thumbup:

Oliver

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering, what's the difference between this way of doing it and makanouchi's approach? To me this seems a lot easier since you don't have to take out the reflectors and make your own attachment plates. Other pros and cons?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I was wondering, what's the difference between this way of doing it and makanouchi's approach? To me this seems a lot easier since you don't have to take out the reflectors and make your own attachment plates. Other pros and cons?

Exactly and is why I went this route instead of retro fitting HID Projectors from a car.

Pros are just what you stated, easy installation and no fabrication needed.
Not sure what the cons would be.

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly and is why I went this route instead of retro fitting HID Projectors from a car.

Pros are just what you stated, easy installation and no fabrication needed.
Not sure what the cons would be.
The only con i can see would be the quality of the projectors. The easy ones here are probably Chinese made and while decent, are not the end-all-be-all. The other method utilizes genuine OEM projectors, which will give the best and most even output.