Better deal on a 2008?

Robmac

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I joined a few weeks ago and this is my first post and question.

Background:
I want to buy a 2009 FZ6 in black, the local dealer (I'm in Canada) has searched the country and can't find one right now, but there might be one in a few months... or there might not be.

He called me today and said that there is a 2008 black fz6 still in the shipping crate at a nearby warehouse if I'm interested. The only thing that is different from what I can tell is that the 2009 comes with a nicer seat.

Question:

What should I expect in the way of a better price for a last year's leftover. (I expected to knock $400 off the msrp for the 09, and I'm thinking $1,000 off the msrp for an 2008 seems reasonable).

Any feedback from you all would be welcomed.

thanks,
Rob

Hello everyone,

I joined a few weeks ago and this is my first post and question.

Background:
I want to buy a 2009 FZ6 in black, the local dealer (I'm in Canada) has searched the country and can't find one right now, but there might be one in a few months... or there might not be.

He called me today and said that there is a 2008 black fz6 still in the shipping crate at a nearby warehouse if I'm interested. The only thing that is different from what I can tell is that the 2009 comes with a nicer seat.

Question:

What should I expect in the way of a better price for a last year's leftover. (I expected to knock $400 off the msrp for the 09, and I'm thinking $1,000 off the msrp for an 2008 seems reasonable).

Any feedback from you all would be welcomed.

thanks,
Rob
First Off, :welcome:!!!!

I saved a ton of money buy buying a left over model. Mine was a new in crate '07, out the door for around $6300 USD. A (then) new '08 was listed at $7150 USD. Minus taxes, registration and other dealer fees, the floor price for my bike was $5759 USD. So I saved $1300 on the purchase of a left over model. I really wanted a Cobalt Blue '08, but the price difference was too hard to pass up, so I got the classy Candy Red. Of course your experience and price may vary dealer to dealer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318 do you think you could get your local dealer to get this bike for you from this dealer in florida? This my freind is an Fz1!!! I love my bike don't get me wrong but if i would have found a deal like this I would be on the fz1 forum!!!! LOL (don't you guy's get mad at me) I love this forum not a day goes by that i don't log on. Oh YEA WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!

Greetings from Alberta bro!
My story: The bike show came through town in january and I found myself a bike, an FZ6. I bought a new '08 model and got it for $6,000 (7,000 OTD)(MSRP is $9,299) and the dealership in town I bought it from (blackfoot motosports) has at least a half dozen left of the 2008 models. FTR the '09 was $7,500 so yes, you save a **** load on the one year older models.

their website is http://www.blackfootonline.com/moto_product.php?user_category=sport&user_make=Yamaha

see what you can have shipped, I loved my experience with them

Last edited:
Excellent information guys, thanks a bunch for the help.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Rob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318 do you think you could get your local dealer to get this bike for you from this dealer in florida? This my freind is an Fz1!!! I love my bike don't get me wrong but if i would have found a deal like this I would be on the fz1 forum!!!! LOL (don't you guy's get mad at me) I love this forum not a day goes by that i don't log on. Oh YEA WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!

dealers gonna charge you retail if they have to run for a bike

dealers gonna charge you retail if they have to run for a bike
Well that suck's.my best freind Brett is gonna buy an fz1 in May so i'll get to ride it!!!!! :D he's getting the black and gold one that just happen's to be my dream bike!!!:cheer: P.S. i'm co-signin for his loan that,s why he has to wait till march cause i bought my house last april and it's a credit thing of some sort we have to wait for.:confused:

Definitely go for the 2008, it'll be cheaper even though it's brand new, and there's no major differences between 08 and 09.

Welcome to the forum!

I believe you are right about the seat but you can buy the comfort seat (if you need to for wayyyyyy less than a thousand bucks! Go for the '08 its a great bike.

Back