Better deal on a 2008?

Robmac

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I joined a few weeks ago and this is my first post and question.

Background:
I want to buy a 2009 FZ6 in black, the local dealer (I'm in Canada) has searched the country and can't find one right now, but there might be one in a few months... or there might not be.

He called me today and said that there is a 2008 black fz6 still in the shipping crate at a nearby warehouse if I'm interested. The only thing that is different from what I can tell is that the 2009 comes with a nicer seat.

Question:

What should I expect in the way of a better price for a last year's leftover. (I expected to knock $400 off the msrp for the 09, and I'm thinking $1,000 off the msrp for an 2008 seems reasonable).

Any feedback from you all would be welcomed.

thanks,
Rob

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I joined a few weeks ago and this is my first post and question.

Background:
I want to buy a 2009 FZ6 in black, the local dealer (I'm in Canada) has searched the country and can't find one right now, but there might be one in a few months... or there might not be.

He called me today and said that there is a 2008 black fz6 still in the shipping crate at a nearby warehouse if I'm interested. The only thing that is different from what I can tell is that the 2009 comes with a nicer seat.

Question:

What should I expect in the way of a better price for a last year's leftover. (I expected to knock $400 off the msrp for the 09, and I'm thinking $1,000 off the msrp for an 2008 seems reasonable).

Any feedback from you all would be welcomed.

thanks,
Rob
First Off, :welcome:!!!!

I saved a ton of money buy buying a left over model. Mine was a new in crate '07, out the door for around $6300 USD. A (then) new '08 was listed at $7150 USD. Minus taxes, registration and other dealer fees, the floor price for my bike was $5759 USD. So I saved $1300 on the purchase of a left over model. I really wanted a Cobalt Blue '08, but the price difference was too hard to pass up, so I got the classy Candy Red. Of course your experience and price may vary dealer to dealer.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318 do you think you could get your local dealer to get this bike for you from this dealer in florida? This my freind is an Fz1!!! I love my bike don't get me wrong but if i would have found a deal like this I would be on the fz1 forum!!!! LOL (don't you guy's get mad at me) I love this forum not a day goes by that i don't log on. Oh YEA WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from Alberta bro!
My story: The bike show came through town in january and I found myself a bike, an FZ6. I bought a new '08 model and got it for $6,000 (7,000 OTD)(MSRP is $9,299) and the dealership in town I bought it from (blackfoot motosports) has at least a half dozen left of the 2008 models. FTR the '09 was $7,500 so yes, you save a **** load on the one year older models.

their website is http://www.blackfootonline.com/moto_product.php?user_category=sport&user_make=Yamaha

see what you can have shipped, I loved my experience with them

weequay

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Robmac

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent information guys, thanks a bunch for the help.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Rob

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318 do you think you could get your local dealer to get this bike for you from this dealer in florida? This my freind is an Fz1!!! I love my bike don't get me wrong but if i would have found a deal like this I would be on the fz1 forum!!!! LOL (don't you guy's get mad at me) I love this forum not a day goes by that i don't log on. Oh YEA WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!

dealers gonna charge you retail if they have to run for a bike

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dealers gonna charge you retail if they have to run for a bike
Well that suck's.my best freind Brett is gonna buy an fz1 in May so i'll get to ride it!!!!! :D he's getting the black and gold one that just happen's to be my dream bike!!!:cheer: P.S. i'm co-signin for his loan that,s why he has to wait till march cause i bought my house last april and it's a credit thing of some sort we have to wait for.:confused:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely go for the 2008, it'll be cheaper even though it's brand new, and there's no major differences between 08 and 09.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

I believe you are right about the seat but you can buy the comfort seat (if you need to for wayyyyyy less than a thousand bucks! Go for the '08 its a great bike.