Back to an FZ6 after 2 years, maybe?

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Been away riding my 650 V-strom for the last 2 years (sold my '07 FZ6 to get it). Now I have a chance to buy a '09 FZ6 with only 541 kms on the clock. Basically brand new. The seller originally wanted $7000, and I only managred to get it down to $6500 CAD.... Just checking with you guys (especially the Canadians on here) if $6500 is a good price, or is it too high for this particular bike?

Thanks Everyone
Richard

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
It doesn't sound like a bad bike to buy, but the price seems high. I've seen a brand new leftover in my area for $6000 US. The one you saw is virtually new, but the big difference is the warranty on the new one. I don't think there have been too many warranty claims, and these bikes are solid as you know, but I'd get the price down, you just never know what someone else did to that bike(search "knock knock" if you haven't seen it).

ScoobieDee

Reaction score
Visit site
In Michigan I paid $6150 out the door brand new 2009 FZ6 from the dealership, including Michigan's 6% sales tax, title, registration, everything.

Not sure if these typically sell for more in Canada, but that seems extremely high for a used 09 FZ6.

misko013

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello my Canadian friend!

Listen best way to do it (if you don't plan baying in U.S) check Kijiji sites for your area ,and other cities .
Call or visit dealers too.
You'll get idea what is worth your FZ6.
For what I see that's O.K price for '09.
Last year I bought mine for $6000 + tax from dealer it was '08 with almost 2000km on it.Maybe if I bargain more I could get for a little bit less.
This year I see prices went up a little bit.
If you have time bay in U.S. It's cheaper ,by the time you pay for bike ,taxes,paper work, go and get a bike it would be less $1000 at least ,only thing you have to go through all that,that's why I said if you have time.
At the end it's up to you.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got nothing to add other than it's great to see CanadianFZ6 back! One of the great members around here for a long time!

:welcome:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my '05 brand new in '07 from a dealer, with an extra year of warranty for 7k. This guys asking price is too high. Haggle him down some more (or wait until September/October when he'll be practically giving it away) :D

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Why the switch back Just asking:confused:
and your view on the SUK:rolleyes:

Love the V-strom as a light tourer.... I am keeping it.... You can load it down like a mule and farkle the crap out of it... Engines are good for 200,000 km... Pretty much bulletproof. I just miss the FZ6 as the best bang for the buck in a semi sport bike. They are dirt cheap to insure too.... Still looking...;)

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man!

I've been eying lightly used KTM 990 SMTs....ever consider one? More coin a lot more bike than a stock FZ6. More insurance I'm sure too. Probably not what you're looking for but it's simply on my mind so...