Awesome Buick Motorcycle!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Or not.
2a19n3d.jpg

Got back from lunch and this guy was in the motorcycle space - left him a kind not asking him to call me when he has to leave (I'll guess significantly before 5, since he seems to be in quite the hurry)

Sure - there were 2 other bike spaces right there with only one bike in them, but on an 80 degree day and in a lot with 200ish free parking spaces, there's no excuse.

It's the principal of the matter.

Expect an edit in a couple of hours - "WTB Clutch lever and shifter linkage"

good luck.. hopefully they don't knock over your bike..

i think i would have told security in stead and have them tow the persons car.. since is it parked "illegally"

If I were to do that, I'd make sure I have a view of my bike so I can watch and see what he does.

Did you take down his license plate number in case he screws up your bike or runs it over?

What a tool bag. But, I would not have left my bike parked behind them like that. I would have simply left a note:

"Attention! If you car is found parked in a motorcycle space again, it WILL be towed at your expense. Your tag number is now on file. - Thank you, Grounds Security"

Dudes like that....I tend to just park elsewhere but make it a point to put up their windshield wipers. :Flip: I guess that's just for my amusement, though. Doesn't really do much...probably puzzles the person more than anything else. :D

UPDATE:

@ 2:11 I am interrupted from a meeting by a message from HR -

2:11 PM (HR)
Hi Tom
did you ride your motorcycle today?
if so, did you park behind a vehicle?

2:11 PM (ME)
hi - yes -
I left my number and can move it, I was just letting them kindly know that it's a motorcycle space

2:12 PM (HR)
I figured :BLAA:
Well you do need to move it
and we are going to talk to the car as well

I went out - moved the bike, gave her the plate number so she didn't have to go find it herself (seemed interested in which car it was) - She asked if I knew who's car it was. My desired response (some prick) wasn't HR worthy so I just said nope.

The good thing is - now HR seems to care when cars park in the bike spaces! Summer is finally here!

Last edited:
I guess I'm the one dissenting opinion, though I do agree he shouldn't have parked in a motorcycle spot.

I used to work on a military base where there were a few motorcycle spots carved out in the lot where a car would not normally fit. It was nice always having a close spot, and people were glad when I rode my bike because one less car spot was taken up in the lot. However, in addition to the oddly placed spots, they did have some regular sized well placed spots that were marked for motorcycles, but the spots weren't divided in such a way that it made them more efficient. In fact, people who parked their bikes there would park dead center in the spot so that it was no more efficient than if it were a regular spot! I'm not sure of the point of having dedicated motorcycle spots that aren't carved up to take advantage of their size. Plus, in the winter, the spots were always empty, save the occasional illegally parked car.

I guess I'm the one dissenting opinion, though I do agree he shouldn't have parked in a motorcycle spot.

I used to work on a military base where there were a few motorcycle spots carved out in the lot where a car would not normally fit. It was nice always having a close spot, and people were glad when I rode my bike because one less car spot was taken up in the lot. However, in addition to the oddly placed spots, they did have some regular sized well placed spots that were marked for motorcycles, but the spots weren't divided in such a way that it made them more efficient. In fact, people who parked their bikes there would park dead center in the spot so that it was no more efficient than if it were a regular spot! I'm not sure of the point of having dedicated motorcycle spots that aren't carved up to take advantage of their size. Plus, in the winter, the spots were always empty, save the occasional illegally parked car.

Good points - I don't fight it when it's not riding weather, and in Ohio, that's a good portion of the year. We don't have a shortage of spaces, there's probably 200+ empty spaces just one or two rows of cars further from the door - The reason that we have ours strategically placed beside the door is because the facilities guy rides. :D

Turns out the guy who I parked behind is one of the biggest men in the building, and happens to have an office overlooking the motorcycle parking lot. :eek: Let's just say it makes sense that he didn't want to park any further from the door than he had to.

I've been parking in a cross-white painted section that is too small for a car, and needs to have space for the disabled ramp to go between the lot and sidewalk. You could fit two bikes there and still have ample room for a wheelchair.

Some people believe I think I'm above the law and a schmuck. Others probably think I'm just saving a space for their car to go in a prime lot, and that I'm totally rad.

I hate that we have a spot at my college that is clearly marked with a little painted moto with MC. I pursuaded a cop to give one a ticket. And asked the other why the heck are they going to college if they can't read?

Mighty interesting way of handling that... I like it. More so I like your front headlight mod. Is that the one circulating on this site. I'm wery of sending money to a scam. But I realy like the look. I do hope u held dude up for awhile.

I've been parking in a cross-white painted section that is too small for a car, and needs to have space for the disabled ramp to go between the lot and sidewalk. You could fit two bikes there and still have ample room for a wheelchair.

Some people believe I think I'm above the law and a schmuck. Others probably think I'm just saving a space for their car to go in a prime lot, and that I'm totally rad.

I think you're a schmuck. My wife is handicapped and I have to use these types of spaces for her wheelchair access van. Asshats that park their bikes in the way deserve whatever happens to their bikes. There's a reason the spaces are painted this way.

Mighty interesting way of handling that... I like it. More so I like your front headlight mod. Is that the one circulating on this site. I'm wery of sending money to a scam. But I realy like the look. I do hope u held dude up for awhile.

Looks like the VS-01 or VS-01 headlight mod. It's not a scam at all. The kits are sold by dev_usc. PM him if you are interested. Plenty of happy customers on the forum. Do a search if you are unsure.

To the OP, I personally wouldn't have blocked a car in like that, but then again I'm a pretty timid guy.

Back