AVOID: www.imotorcyclestore.com!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update: The only thing they did was supply UPS with the billing information to generate a ground tracking number but it has not been picked up. I fired off one more e-mail that wasn't quite so kind but still PC stating I want a tracking number for Next Business Day at their expense OR Cancelled with a confirmation sent to me. If they don't do one or the other, I'm calling the credit card company to have them reverse the charge. I'll supply them with that information and if they ship it regardless, check the classified here because there will be a new sale listed!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
-
Its a good thing they don't serve free beer, I think you would be getting married to them! :D
i also am fairly impressed w/cycle gear well except for their prices!:(

Well, I must admit, Dee Dee is pretty cute!

I've noticed that their on line prices can be cheaper than the store prices, not sure why.
+
To top it off the guy didn't know what an FZ was/is. I had to take him to the showroom and point.

- The thing I value the most is their advice. They have been spot on with each recommendation, from exhuasts, to gear, to bikes stands, truck ramps, tools, etc.
+ CG rocks! :rockon:

- They also ride, unlike my local YamaHonKawaZuki shop. Austinites will know who I'm talking about. That place couldn't even order frame sliders for my bike correctly. I got FZ1 slides first, and it took three weeks to get the right ones! To top it off the guy didn't know what an FZ was/is. I had to take him to the showroom and point.

- CG rocks! :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
-

Well, I must admit, Dee Dee is pretty cute!

I've noticed that their on line prices can be cheaper than the store prices, not sure why.
+
To top it off the guy didn't know what an FZ was/is. I had to take him to the showroom and point.

- The thing I value the most is their advice. They have been spot on with each recommendation, from exhuasts, to gear, to bikes stands, truck ramps, tools, etc.
+ CG rocks! :rockon:

- They also ride, unlike my local YamaHonKawaZuki shop. Austinites will know who I'm talking about. That place couldn't even order frame sliders for my bike correctly. I got FZ1 slides first, and it took three weeks to get the right ones! To top it off the guy didn't know what an FZ was/is. I had to take him to the showroom and point.

- CG rocks! :rockon:

Sometimes i wonder how people even have jobs...

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Over-promising and Under-delivering is more common in both the Automotive and Motorcycle business than you may think. It is the biggest single factor that destroys a business's CSI rating, because the ripple effect from it is enormous. The problem is, these same businesses just don't care.
If you find a business that actually delivers on their promises, stay with them, even if they may be a little more expensive than their competition.
Always remember...if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. ;)

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a good chance I'm going to get BURNED for doing this. My body can take it. Here goes:

Whenever I look online to buy motorcycle stuff, I always check the CONTACT/ABOUT US tab on the site I'm looking on. Find out WHERE you're buying your stuff from. California is NOT a good place to buy gear. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but it's true. You MAY find a good store somewhere and if YOU do, please let me know! Until then, SERIOUS PROBLEMS!! Ebay...rosevillecycle.com, and... they seem to ONLY want to ship in the LOWER 48 STATES in the US.

Claud got into serious trouble with them and I saved his hide. Just so you know:

www.imotorcyclestore.com is located in California.

Do I think people from California are bad?
No

Do I hate people from California?
No.

Does Claud?
Yes.

I know this rubs alot of Salt on an old wound, but that's what prevents the spread of infection. Sometimes, you have to burn a wound to stop it from bleeding.

Okay, I'm ready for the flamethrower now...

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Elm. I actually did check. They are in California but they have 5 warehouses to ship from including on here on the East Coast. I've never ordered from them before and thought I'd give them a chance given the size of their operation along with the pricing and free shipping.

I guess that sometimes the best price isn't always the best deal. My only complaint is they never responded until I actually called and spoke with them. They should have been the ones to call me and let me know that an item was on backorder, not ignore my emails and let me stew. If they had just called on Monday (when they charged my card!) and let me know an item was not due to arrive until Thursday and they would ship then, I would have been absolutely fine with the situation. That would have been the response to my first inquiry which was polite and merely asking for a status.

I've ordered from places in California before for other items and haven't had any problems and I do understand the shipping times. But, by the time I got them to respond, it was a day before the products should have been in my hands. This is all about customer service, or in this case, the complete lack of it.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Final update: The package arrived yesterday just as they (eventually) promised and me sending nasty e-mails and two phone calls. I wasn't at work to receive it but opened it today and all is in order. They shipped on Friday from CA to NH and used USPS Priority so it did arrive next business day.

Because of the way they handled the entire situation and because customer service did not respond until I got angry, I will not be using them for orders going forward. Should any of you decide to try them, I would call to place the order and verify that the items are in stock first and that they are shipping that day. YMMV!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself...or pay newenough.com to do it. :D

I just bought a small OEM part from KTM Parts Search with a list price of $0.00 and shipping of $8.00. The invoice they mailed me also indicated a price of $0.00 with total charges to my CC of $8.00. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself...or pay newenough.com to do it. :D

I just bought a small OEM part from KTM Parts Search with a list price of $0.00 and shipping of $8.00. The invoice they mailed me also indicated a price of $0.00 with total charges to my CC of $8.00. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out...

If only New Enough sold Puig.... :eek:

Free stuff is good! That will be interesting! :p

mbodell

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my exhaust from imotorcyclestore last year. I saved about $100 plus the free shipping and I was pretty happy. They were the best deal and one of two places that had them at that time. I called in my order and asked all the questions while I ordered it. I got the exhaust a little over a week, which was what the sales guy told me. I stopped dealing with online stores and instead use the phone support people because of the same issues you had. I wouldn't recommend email with a big store as a guaranteed contact solution unless you request a read receipt.

FYI. Most of the motorcycle stores in CA seem to just be resellers who don't stock a lot to keep their costs down. If I am saving money buying from a CA store, I usually plan to wait longer (plus shipping takes a week) and I don't pay for expedited shipping as it is usually worthless.

I usually go by the idea of Fast, Easy, Cheap. Pick two

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I can understand things going wrong, but I hate sending emails and getting silence in reply. However, bad things happen to good sellers too. Examples from my personal experience are:

FAZR6 FE kit (still no reply...): Emailed SBN store, ebay seller and Mike himself for many many times over the last year.

Bike parts outlet (that sells the Teknic bags Reiobard posted in another thread). Emailed 3 or 4 times, called and still no shipping quote given

While these guys served everybody else's orders well, they've chosen to ignore me... I think it's their loss, I did my business elsewhere.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
whenever a business says a certain amount of hours why wouldn't you figure on them being business days? M-F? I though that was just a given.... o and just think if you had gone to your local motorcycle shop they could have most likely had them for you monday. it would have been a lil more money but it would have been next working day not almost 2 weeks......

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Well my brother bought exhaust from them for his bike. It came pretty quick but indeed he had to call them to confirm, they dont reply to e-mails it seems. They dont confirm either that the product has been shipped, they just do it. In the end cant really complain much, he got his exhaust with free shipping. -1 to them tho for not answering emails nor sending notifications once item is shipped.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
whats 2 bros fe. its the FE i dont get soz 4 being thick.:rockon:
thought about having the 2 bros juice box any ideas ?. I have 2 bros exhausts the carbon 1's sweet lol
:rockon:

Are you talking about the 2 bros FE mention in my sig? If so, I'm referring to the Fender Eliminator kit (the license plate bracket and turn sigs) that was included with my exhaust. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about if you've got the exhaust as well. :thumbup: