AVOID: www.imotorcyclestore.com!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I placed an order on iMotorcycle Store - Home for a Puig wind screen and a Battery Tender Jr. on Friday. Their site says FREE ground shipping on orders over $100.00 which mine is. They also claim most orders ship within 24 hours with some exceptions being shipped in 48 to 72 hours. Today, 144 hours later, they have yet to ship!

I sent an e-mail on Tuesday containing the following:

----------Start Quoted Text----------
"I am inquiring about my order placed on Friday since the order status still claims an "Open" status. Today is the third business day for this order when the e-mail below states most are shipped within 24 hrs. I ordered here first "because" your site stated faster shipping dates. If this cannot be shipped out by COB today, please let me know ASAP so I can cancel the order and purchase elsewhere.

Thank you."
-----------End Quoted Text-----------

They not respond to the e-mail at all. I got very busy for the rest of the day and forgot about them. I checked on Wednesday and see that the order went from "Open" to "Filled" which on their site means "Ready to ship" so I hoped they were shipping yesterday and all would be fine.

As you can guess, I checked today and the status is still "Filled" and still no UPS tracking number. It is not shipped! So, I sent the following email today and will have to follow through should they refuse to make things right.

----------Start Quoted Text----------
"It is not great customer service to ignore a paying customer. No response to my inquiry and yesterday I see the order filled meaning "ready to ship" and today, the same status is online? Why wasn't this shipped yesterday if it is ready to ship? At this point, you can cancel the order unless you intend to overnight or two-day the package to me. It is false advertising to claim most orders ship in 24 hours with a few exceptions at 48 to 72 hours and then not ship an order on what is now the 6th day. This has been 144 hours which is double what you claim to be the absolute worst case scenario.

I am not happy and have no problem spreading the word if you cannot produce a result today.

If I do not have results by the end my day (5PM EST), I'll call my credit card company ask let them know this order is not to be charged to my account and you can consider Order 201938 cancelled."
-----------End Quoted Text-----------

So, my review of this site is to either steer clear of them or, since they do have rather great prices, order and don't expect the package to arrive in any sort of a timely fashion. Do not expect any level, even the most basic, of customer service. :(

Conclusion: :Flip: to imotorcyclestore!

Last edited:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a similar type of encounter with imotorcyclestore.com when I ordered my exhaust. I sent an email about my order being OPEN for 2-3 days and then I sent an email requesting my tracking number when my order was changed to FILLED. (Note no email correspondence was sent to me when my order was filled, I had to check the website) I recieved no responses at all to either of my emails. However, the day I sent the second email requesting my tracking number my order arrived. So I guess they dont feel the need to notify you that your package has shipped or give you any tracking information, even now when I check the order status I see no tracking number. Must be just for show.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aye Aye. I had a similar negative experience. There was another site also that had dumb@ss customer service and the shipping took forever.
It was Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear. I ordered a GMAX (helmet of the year from them) It took like two weeks for them to ship the helmet out. They would delay responding to my emails. Finally when the helmet arrived, it was a tad too loose on my head. So I requested an exchange. Shipped the helmet back and requested a size larger. It took forever for them to acknowledge they even received my shipment; even though UPS tracking showed otherwise. I was so fed up with them that I just bought a brand new Shoei helmet from a local bike store. The funny thing is that motorcycle-superstore called me and asked me if I wanted the helmet in larger size. I said now that it took forever, I bought another helmet from another store. I was told that my credit card would be credited back. To my surprise the larger size helmet was shipped anyway, and credit card was charged.

ARGHHHHH - IDIOTS LOL
:Flip: Motorcyclesuperstore :Flip:
Ahhh that feels better now.

Last edited:

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Motoliberty.com is the nicest store of all time.
Newenough.com is okay too.
Akuma Helmets are amazing.

Together, they have killed many men with kindess.
>All these places are in Texas. I've NEVER had a problem dealing with TEXAS. They're nice cowboys!

EVERY time I dealt with someone from CALIFORNIA, I had serious problems. If you're going to buy something from CALIFORNIA, prepare to brace yourself.
(rosevillecycle.com)

NEW JERSEY will always get your item, but they're SLOW and their customer service is fair at best.
(kneedraggers.com)
(performancemoto.com)

Trust me. I've been places. Texas is like the motorcycle capital of America.

Overseas? Go here:
-Belgium Dainese motorcycling leather suits jackets boots protectors valentino, former dainese.be website
-France Bagster
-Spain
-Italy

You'll need to spend more $S$£€¥ to get items from overseas, but their service is great and you'll get international discounts.

Trust me, I've been places.

---One more thing...if I was living in Europe right now, the first thing I'd do is BUY AN ENGINE. That's right. BUY A MOTORCYCLE ENGINE for whatever bike you ride. They're WAY cheaper in Europe!! I'd get one, if shipping wasn't $2000 +. Engines in Europe are CHEAP!

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Imotorcyclestore and Motorcycle superstore both took a long time to ship my stuff as well.
Newenough, Sportbiketrackgear, and Kneedraggers have all impressed me.
Also motosport.com is super fast with shipping just a little high on price, but they tell you if they have it in stock, and ship it two day for free. So its worth the extra.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey FZ6inNH, get your Puig from Kneedraggers.com... I had my Screen within a week and I live in rual Ontario, Canada. They probably have the battery tender as well...

Richard

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
---One more thing...if I was living in Europe right now, the first thing I'd do is BUY AN ENGINE. That's right. BUY A MOTORCYCLE ENGINE for whatever bike you ride. They're WAY cheaper in Europe!! I'd get one, if shipping wasn't $2000 +. Engines in Europe are CHEAP! [/COLOR]
Why on earth would anyone buy an motor just for the hell of it? Even if they are cheaper doesn't mean you should run out and buy one... Unless you race your bike or don't bother with basic maintanence like oil changes, there is no need buy a backup motor for your bike... You sure have strange posts, Elm.....

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey FZ6inNH, get your Puig from Kneedraggers.com... I had my Screen within a week and I live in rual Ontario, Canada. They probably have the battery tender as well...

Richard

I was going to order from them but the price difference with the additional charges for shipping were a deterrent, hence going with these guys. Had I known, I'd have paid the extra for faster shipping and better service! :eek:

Too bad New Enough doesn't sell the Puig! They are great!!

BTW, still NO word from them today. I'm going to call their support line and see who answers and what they have to say. ;)

W

wrightme43

Seconding Kneedraggers.
They just shipped my PUIG windscreen today, and refunded me 8.67 shipping since it shipped cheaper than estimated.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update: I called support just prior to leaving work. The guy I spoke with claimed they never got my e-mail from Tuesday yet he got the one today that I forwarded to the same address (which was Tuesday's e-mail and my additional comments). Without regard of the content of the e-mail, they went ahead and shipped the order today UPS ground. I ran up one side of him and down the other but he didn't seem to care in the least. One I'm sorry at the end and then silence.

His claim was the Battery Tender didn't arrive until today thus they couldn't ship. And somehow, he adds up that from Friday to today is under the 72 hours they stated. I told him that in order to comply with false advertising rules, they need to change that to "within 72 BUSINESS HOURS!" The order was placed at 10:20am California time on Friday and he claims the order wasn't received until Monday. I told him to look at the bottom of my forwarded (twice) email and "Oh crap!" THERE'S the ORDER!!! With the date and time!

End result is I finally got an e-mail with a tracking number, it's coming UPS ground and unless I want to go through a mess of crap with the CC company, I'd best just live with the situation. I thought of cancelling the CC order, getting the goods and saying "I didn't receive it." when they asked later... much like my e-mail... "Must've got lost Dude." to quote the sullen Lad on the other end. But, I'm not that type of guy...

So, I stand behind my opinion: AVOID imotorcyclestore.com!!!

EDIT: My wife says they charged the CC on MONDAY!! Jerks!!

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sucks. I don't know about the other locations but the Cycle Gear shop in Austin is one of the BEST retail experiances I've ever had. Super nice, very helpful, knew my name after the second visit, ask me where I've been if I haven't been in for a week or so, can order anything, most delivery in 2 to 3 days - no shipping costs, and I get an automatic 10% off of everything. My EX and my fiance get the same discount. They know their sh*t, and if they can't get some thing they have made calls to the supplier to ask questions for me. They rock! They also host rides on Sunday and are all around nice. Now if they only offered free beer.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to order from them but the price difference with the additional charges for shipping were a deterrent, hence going with these guys. Had I known, I'd have paid the extra for faster shipping and better service! :eek:

Too bad New Enough doesn't sell the Puig! They are great!!

BTW, still NO word from them today. I'm going to call their support line and see who answers and what they have to say. ;)

In my opinion, nobody matches New Enough for service and speed of shipping. They are awesome...

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seconding Kneedraggers.
They just shipped my PUIG windscreen today, and refunded me 8.67 shipping since it shipped cheaper than estimated.

Sounds like you got a heck of deal! Not only they shipped it for cheaper but also gave you $8.67 extra :p

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In regards to shipping........keep in mind, most things you order online comes via ground. Whether its UPS, FedEx, etc. Therefore, if you want it in a hurry, you will have to pay extra for the expedited service otherwise it is a waiting game, or choose a vendor who happens to be in the same region. I live in Vegas and ground shipments are usually one day service from California and Arizona. I know that for a fact because I deal with a lot of shipping and receiving with Fedex and UPS on a daily basis at work. If you live on the east coast, I suggest you choose a vendor from the east coast. Living in New Hampshire and ordering something from California, usually takes a minimum of 5 business days or at least a week to show up.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In regards to shipping........keep in mind, most things you order online comes via ground. Whether its UPS, FedEx, etc. Therefore, if you want it in a hurry, you will have to pay extra for the expedited service otherwise it is a waiting game, or choose a vendor who happens to be in the same region. I live in Vegas and ground shipments are usually one day service from California and Arizona. I know that for a fact because I deal with a lot of shipping and receiving with Fedex and UPS on a daily basis at work. If you live on the east coast, I suggest you choose a vendor from the east coast. Living in New Hampshire and ordering something from California, usually takes a minimum of 5 business days or at least a week to show up.

Exactly, but I didn't anticipate having a site that says "Ships within 24 hours" to take "6 of the 5 days" it would take to send it just to fill the order. So, while I expected a total of 7 - 10 business days to receive it, I'm now faced with 11 - 15 business days.

But, very good points none-the-less! Good advice for those in a hurry to receive goods.

H

HavBlue

That sucks. I don't know about the other locations but the Cycle Gear shop in Austin is one of the BEST retail experiances I've ever had. Super nice, very helpful, knew my name after the second visit, ask me where I've been if I haven't been in for a week or so, can order anything, most delivery in 2 to 3 days - no shipping costs, and I get an automatic 10% off of everything. My EX and my fiance get the same discount. They know their sh*t, and if they can't get some thing they have made calls to the supplier to ask questions for me. They rock! They also host rides on Sunday and are all around nice. Now if they only offered free beer.

Cyclegear.com is pretty cool too and I have never had a problem with them.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Why on earth would anyone buy an motor just for the hell of it? Even if they are cheaper doesn't mean you should run out and buy one... Unless you race your bike or don't bother with basic maintanence like oil changes, there is no need buy a backup motor for your bike... You sure have strange posts, Elm.....

<raspberry>

...and you're normal. Are you happy about that?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site

Its a good thing they don't serve free beer, I think you would be getting married to them! :D
i also am fairly impressed w/cycle gear well except for their prices!:(