Any difference between Australian and US FZ6?

HVMP

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a customer in Australia order a set of our heavy bar ends for a 2005 FZ6, and reported that they don't fit. Specifically our bar ends are a one piece design that uses a massive integrated thread that screws right into the handlebars. The customer reported that their bar ends required a separate bolt, which I can only guess is similar to the R1/FJR configuration with a separate 6mm bolt.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
HVMP

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks,
I bought a set of the stainless bar ends from you guys about 2 years back and the were a breeze to fit and are fantatsic at minimising the buzz.
the only thing I can think is they( Aussie customer) have non-standard bars on it. But the ones you sold me for my standard FZ6 bars are spot on.

HVMP

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am scratching my head on this one. I think your explanation must be right. Probably aftermarket bars on it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am scratching my head on this one. I think your explanation must be right. Probably aftermarket bars on it.

Definitely aftermarket bars. All Gen2 FZ1's, 2004-2009 FZ6's and FZ6R's have the same threaded inserts in bars.
FZ8 bars look very much like FZ6R bars, but use different internals.

Maybe have the customer send you a picture of his bar? (specifically the end of the bar, with bar end off). We'll help you identify it. :thumbup:

HVMP

Reaction score
Visit site
It was a moto shop, so they put something else on the customers bike, and they are returning the bar ends.

They seemed a little miffed, and not very communicative. I'm glad it was not my mistake.

Thanks guys.