Acuman Digi Gear - Easy Mod

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Im a bit confused, last time I tried I couldnt get the bike to do a damn thing on the center stand. Its just like the side/kickstand, it will only let the engine run in N, at least on mine it seems.....

delboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Im a bit confused, last time I tried I couldnt get the bike to do a damn thing on the center stand. Its just like the side/kickstand, it will only let the engine run in N, at least on mine it seems.....

Was the kickstand still down also?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

That'll be the problem mate ... If the kickstand is down as well as the centre stand it'll not let you do much.
If its the same with the centre stand down on its own I'm baffled !! maybe speak to your dealer.

Hope that helps and good luck.

JC

Last edited:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
You could also check to see if the switch that prevents use of the bike when in gear while the kickstand is down is not somehow being disturbed by the centre stand. I'm only taking a guess..I've yet to look at this bike properly so I'm really unsure how its electronics are organised.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hay Jonac,

Can I be critical about it?

Of course I think it looks great on the bike and you sure did a super super job at installing it on the bike but did you consider sinking the unit into the faring so you only have the digital display (front section) visible while the remainer of the unit was hidden behind? If you did then obviously its not possible to do this, I'm not familiar with the unit so I'm just throwing out an idea!

Reason why I ask this is because I may well buy one for the bike but I'd be more in favour of having the unit flush with that part of the faring.

I've now flush mounted mine ... well there's probably 1mm overhanging ... Pics to follow :)

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Flush mounted

Here it is flush mounted ... still a little overhang and also needs something to finish off the edges ... maybe some rubber trim or something similar ... looks nice though and stops any thieving gits from pulling it off :)

watermark.php

watermark.php

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
jonac ...what grips are you running??? where did you order them

are tehy comfy???

very nice

Only just fitted them today Mike ... they are PRO GRIPS from busters in the UK ... Only about £7 I think. Not tried them yet but they feel sweet... They have a gel like texture to them ... Go well with my new JOTA bars ;)

fz6.george

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just installed my new Acumen Gear Indicator. I have some question when I put on the first gear the original indicator neutral light still light up until I release the clutch it will turn off. Everytime I put on the clutch the neutral indicator will light up. Is this normal? I don't think so. Or should I unplug the white connector with the light blue wire? :rtfm: Your help will be highly appreciated :p

H

HavBlue

This is a first class right up but I have some concerns here and they involve safety. Pretty much any study involving motorcycles suggests the riders involved in crashes had 1.8 seconds or less before impact. They also suggest the hazard was visible to the rider between 11 and 1 o'clock in their sight picture. With this in mind, why would anyone want to take their eyes off the road to look at something they should have in their head (gear count). When you drive your manual shift cage down the street do you have a gear indicator? No, but you know what gear you are in or should. Race bikes have a gear indicator because they go up and down so stinking fast the possibilities for error on the riders part are very high. This isn't so on the public streets and knowing what gear you are in is quite elementary. Knowing you shouldn't be taking your eyes off the road for even a split second is also elementary. For this reason alone I will put nothing on a bike that requires me to look at it and no, I don't use the speedometer either.....

delboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed mine yesterday and tried it out today, but i've noticed that whenever i pull in the clutch, the neutral light comes on on the main instrument cluster. Is this normal, or have i wired something up wrong? The indicator works perfectly otherwise!

banditandy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just installed my new Acumen Gear Indicator. I have some question when I put on the first gear the original indicator neutral light still light up until I release the clutch it will turn off. Everytime I put on the clutch the neutral indicator will light up. Is this normal? I don't think so. Or should I unplug the white connector with the light blue wire? :rtfm: Your help will be highly appreciated :p

I installed mine yesterday and tried it out today, but i've noticed that whenever i pull in the clutch, the neutral light comes on on the main instrument cluster. Is this normal, or have i wired something up wrong? The indicator works perfectly otherwise!

You have wired it up correct, this is a common fault on the FZ6/FAZER, you need to fit a diode in the DG8 green wire from the ECU which you can get free from ACUMEN, e-mail or phone them with you deatils/bike/fault etc and they'll pop one in the post, very helpful lads.:thumbup:

Acumen Electronics