ACH ride Saturday 12/5/09

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wouldn't have cared if it was cold. Sorry I missed the ride and love that shot of the hairpin!:D

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome ride guys!

The temperatures didnt bother us much except on the hands. I was thinking about that handguard mod someone did here while we were riding. Or heated gloves mmm :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome ride guys!

The temperatures didnt bother us much except on the hands. I was thinking about that handguard mod someone did here while we were riding. Or heated gloves mmm :D

I got some real thin gloves at a local sporting goods store that I can put on under my MC gloves and they seem to work as a buffer during colder riding. I like it better than those puffy gloves for cold weather. Not that I wouldn't welcome the puffy gloves for much colder weather. The gloves are a bit small and I stretch them a little that way they fit in all my MC gloves. A cheaper alternative to a new glove just for cold Weather and you can take them off when it gets warmer.

Couldn't make it yesterday cuz I was already booked on a desert trip with my main squeeze. We had fun out by the Salton Sea.

Make sure you guys post or PM me on the next adventure!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Great shots as always David.

Glad you guys made it back OK. Looks chilly up there!

Is that car a Shelby GT? (i dont really know cars but that for some reason came to mind)

I ended up going to the IMS for a few hours, didnt ride any bikes, as they didnt have any i was stoked about trying to make it worth waiting in line.

Did see some cool new rides though, Ducati Streetfighter, Honda VFR1200, Ducati Multistrada redesign, and BMW S1000RR. Also some cool old Norton Commando race bikes on exhibit.

Pics of the show?

We weren't sure what car it was but it looked impressive!

Looks like a great ride other than the cold. I took the dirtbike up the backside of Palomar and there was snow/ice and man it was cold.

The car is a Shelby Daytona Coupe and it's strange that it has a classic plate. From what I can see there were only 6 made, so if that's a real 64/65 car it would be amazing.

It looked clean and legit... and he had parked it so he could keep an eye on it while having breakfast hehe

I got some real thin gloves at a local sporting goods store that I can put on under my MC gloves and they seem to work as a buffer during colder riding. I like it better than those puffy gloves for cold weather. Not that I wouldn't welcome the puffy gloves for much colder weather. The gloves are a bit small and I stretch them a little that way they fit in all my MC gloves. A cheaper alternative to a new glove just for cold Weather and you can take them off when it gets warmer.

Couldn't make it yesterday cuz I was already booked on a desert trip with my main squeeze. We had fun out by the Salton Sea.

Make sure you guys post or PM me on the next adventure!

We'll pm you for sure Cliff!

I think I'm going to look at heated gloves soon and use the stock SAE power plug that comes with the Buell... if my fingers had been heated, I would not have been cold at all...

What did you guys do by the Salton Sea? offroad fun?

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you guys had a great ride. If you decide to head up there again this weekend or next week, I'll chase in my 212whp MINI :D

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm going to try this. I have some Joe Rocket "Nitro" cold weather gloves and while they are nice and warm, you lose dexterity because of their thickness. I used them this morning and I remembered this post. +1:thumbup: