A sad end to a wheelie story.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a very good reminder and it is a good thing that the family is allowing his death to go on warning others going forward.

Reaction score
Visit site
This why I don't perform this manuver. Under no circunstances is a wheelie considered safe. The potential for disaster is ALWAYS there. I'm always sorry to hear about riders that get injured/die doing this. GRUMPY

sconner

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding motorcycles of various types all my adult life. I can tell you one thing for certain. Riding wheelies is fun, but sooner or later you WILL go over. Thankfully, I learned my lesson years ago on my dirtbike. Much lower speeds and without cars to run over my stupid body.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Respect your ride, people. Its not like pulling a wheelie in the park on your BMX. Know your limits.

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Pub + 500 people watching + 2 week old GSXR 1000 + wheelie = really bad idea

Sorry he had to die, but hopefully this will wake a few people up. At the very least I'm sure there are about 500 people who won't be doing a wheelie in the street any time soon.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I too learned a LONG time ago. Totalled a CF750F Supersport doing the same stunt. I was lucky enough to walk away and not hit a car though. The bike was a total loss without insurance. This was the most expensive mistake in my life and I get a flashback every time I even consider trying a stunt like that again.

Now, out in the dirt on a dirt bike? Totally different. ;)