A few FZ6 Questions

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this bike, and absolutely loved it>
NewHouse001.jpg

First gear vertical wheelies with no clutch (and I weighed over 210 lbs at the time), and just amazing mid range power. Great handling, great brakes, great riding position, greeat looks, in short PERFECT!!! Well I messed up and sold it for a cruiser so my wife would ride with me. Got a Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak. Great bike for what it was (with the exception of ground clearance needed for cornering) and set was crap after about an hour. Went to a Harley Dyna Wide Glide after the vulcan. Loved the bike except for the crappy brakes, and it was the slowest of the bunch. (Oh yeah, the most expesive too)

Got the FZ6 and have never looked back. If just does everthing great. Handling, comfort, power, breaks, looks, mileage. I just can't say enough about it. Now would I take one with the raw power of my ZRX1200R, HELLZ YEAH I would. But, I bet I wouldn't be riding it right now due to the number of tickets I'd have for just shown' off. The FZ's plenty fun and capable, it just doesn't cry to obnoxious side the way my 1200 did. I actally think the 600cc mill on this bike is a license saver. Thanks Yamaha. I've put just over 6K miles in less than 6 months and the fun just keeps on comin'.

Mike-O

Reaction score
Visit site
Came back from a local dealership today. Without a bike. They were having a big sale today and I wanted to see how much the FZ6 was going for.

Their asking price on the floor was $5,846. They had 3 or 4 of them, all red. The salesman I was working with told me they're "auction" bikes. They are all 2007s with 0 miles on them. I guess they're overstock from 2007 or something along those lines.

Also, they're equipped with Bridgestone Battleaxe tires, not the Dunlops I've seen on other bikes.

We put a deposit down to hold one of the bikes for me while we wait for money to clear our account. Then we'll roll down there with cash and do some bargaining. I spoke with one of the managers and he let me know that OTD it would be about $6500 +/-. I originally offered them $6,000 OTD as a starting offer. I'll keep you guys posted.

Oh, the batteries weren't even connected on these bikes, so I got a look at how the bike is built and I'm very impressed at the accessibility to the motor the FZ provides. I really like the hood-like tank with the hinge. That will make changing sparkplugs and airfilters easy.

Is anyone running a drop in K&N air filter on their FZ?

H

HavBlue

Came back from a local dealership today. Without a bike. They were having a big sale today and I wanted to see how much the FZ6 was going for.

Their asking price on the floor was $5,846. They had 3 or 4 of them, all red. The salesman I was working with told me they're "auction" bikes. They are all 2007s with 0 miles on them. I guess they're overstock from 2007 or something along those lines.

Also, they're equipped with Bridgestone Battleaxe tires, not the Dunlops I've seen on other bikes.

We put a deposit down to hold one of the bikes for me while we wait for money to clear our account. Then we'll roll down there with cash and do some bargaining. I spoke with one of the managers and he let me know that OTD it would be about $6500 +/-. I originally offered them $6,000 OTD as a starting offer. I'll keep you guys posted.

Oh, the batteries weren't even connected on these bikes, so I got a look at how the bike is built and I'm very impressed at the accessibility to the motor the FZ provides. I really like the hood-like tank with the hinge. That will make changing sparkplugs and airfilters easy.

Is anyone running a drop in K&N air filter on their FZ?

Just a thought: I can do more in terms of dealing with financing than when I come up with cash. Cash is nice and I have gone both ways a number of times but in many cases the dealer gets better spiffs on the financing. Now, as for Yamaha, I don't pay shipping above 175 per crate and I do not pay set up, period. Why? Because Yamaha pays 175.00 per crate to get the bikes here and set up is involved in the dealer prep which that dealer is paid for at the end of each sales year. In terms of Harley, the MSRP is like a cage in that shipping and prep are in the MSRP but you will never find this advertised as it's a way for the dealer to make money. Typically a dealer like Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki or Kawasaki will drop the shipping price first and then the set up as the set up effects their service profit.

Data

What town am I in?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get the 2007 or 2008 FZ6

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently riding a 1991 Suzuki Katana 750. I'm looking for a new bike with fuel injection and a similar riding position. I've looked at the big 3 in my book, the Ninja 650R, the Suzuki SV650 and most recently the Yamaha FZ6.

My wife likes the FZ6 the most because of the seat and the side grips.

Does the under tail exhaust create any noticeable heat under the passenger seat? My wife loves to ride with me and I want her to be comfortable.

The May 2007 issue of Motorcycle Consumer News has an extensive comparison of the three bikes you are considering, and the FZ6 comes out on top. I've ridden 300 mile days with the GF and she has never complained about the seat- or the heat- in fact, she says it is very comfortable.

My 2007 bike has a Givi 35 litre tail trunk and E21 sidecases and it makes a great touring bike. It simply does everything pretty well.

H

HavBlue

No, the seat area doesnt get warm at all.....

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently riding a 1991 Suzuki Katana 750. I'm looking for a new bike with fuel injection and a similar riding position. I've looked at the big 3 in my book, the Ninja 650R, the Suzuki SV650 and most recently the Yamaha FZ6.

My wife likes the FZ6 the most because of the seat and the side grips.

Does the under tail exhaust create any noticeable heat under the passenger seat? My wife loves to ride with me and I want her to be comfortable.

The May 2007 issue of Motorcycle Consumer News has an extensive comparison of the three bikes you are considering, and the FZ6 comes out on top. I've ridden 300 mile days with the GF and she has never complained about the seat- or the heat- in fact, she says it is very comfortable.

My 2007 bike has a Givi 35 litre tail trunk and E21 sidecases and it makes a great touring bike. It simply does everything pretty well.

fz6hawkeye

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2005 FZ6 in late May, put 3k miles on it before August. Most of those were with my 130lb. girl on back, I'm at 190. She has never said anything about heat issues, just 'When are we going again?'

As far as the SV I have a friend with a SV-1000 and a girlfriend, and he leans over low on the bike while she eats bugs. The FZ6 puts the driver and passenger sitting up a little more, which is good on your back and your helmet (I hope you wear one) BLOCKS the wind for her if you are out on open road.

Just my opinions so far.

Last edited:

AtxDanger

90% Ambition 10% drive!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes mate, I have been burning the candle of life at both ends and in the middle at the moment. Our baby is due in 7 days. Im trying to do extra over time to create an x-mas cushion. + my daughter woke me with the tragic loss of her teddy falling out of bed. Disaster averted, I thought I would catch up on the posts. I am also typing in the dark so as to not wake the rest of the perry's

:D

I have recently added a 3 week old to the family. So i feel for you. F*$k the spelling, i knew what you were saying. Congrats and thanks for being a supporting father with all of the rest of us!!!!!:)