Redwolf35

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never applied anything to my faceshield for fogging....if it starts fogging up on me I just crack it open a little bit and it clears out fast. A little more wind comes in but nothing major. Fulmer M1 helmet

Xlrrp

Reaction score
Visit site
On my Shoei RF-1000, Pinlock works great. No fogging at all and clear vision (it's tinted yellow). I do not ride with my visor up even on good days because I'm concerned the wind would destroy the seal between the Pinlock and the visor.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard toothpaste works but have yet to try it. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Doesn't toothpaste contain fine abrasives? I wouldn't do that.

My new Schuberth helmet came with a Pinlock insert, which I've been trying out this week.
It does prevent fogging, but the damn plastic the insert is made of is really cloudy, and downright dangerous when riding into the sun. I took it out, will try the soap method next (or any other suggestions).
My old EXO-900 was actually good to 26 F, wonder why you're having trouble with your -500... :confused:

Odd. I've never experienced cloudiness with the pinlocks on my
current and previous Shoei. Worst I've experienced are some annoying reflections sometimes. Maybe take apart and clean with alcohol and a microfiber cloth then reassemble. On mine the pins spin to help make the insert fit properly.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard toothpaste works but have yet to try it. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Do not use toothpaste! :eek::eek::eek: Toothpaste is an abrasive and will ruin your shield.

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never applied anything to my faceshield for fogging....if it starts fogging up on me I just crack it open a little bit and it clears out fast. A little more wind comes in but nothing major. Fulmer M1 helmet

This always get's said. Last time I told someone I had a fogging issues I got "Oh my helmet doesn't do that", or this one "I have an anti-fog coating on mine". Right good for you. Try riding in a different climate and see if anything changes, does your anti-fog still work after 20,000 miles and in 30-20c? I bought the Scrop EXO-1000 just based off of a buddie telling me his didn't. Mine did fog but that's where you have to understand humidity varies greatly from state to state and ton's of people don't take theirs in extreme conditions to really truly say it doesn't fog. Plus from what I have seen of my friends is that eventually it will wear out. Cracking the visor is not even a band-aid, in Seattle I can't always crack it or water runs down the back side an makes it even worse. Not trying to be a jerk but I have yet to talk with anyone besides on these forums that actually ride all year and know what a problem this can be regardless of fancy visors.

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
I just tried putting Dawn dish soap on the visor, buffed it out like you would similar products and hot damn this works better than anything I have tried.

Dawn worked better than "Quick Spit", "Fog Tech", "Cat Crap", "Speedo anti-fog", "Anti fog wipes" and some brand I can't recall from the dealer. Try it out, it's quite impressive!:thumbup:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
the only thing that really works for me in extreme conditions (i.e. when it's freezing cold outside) is my foggy mask, even my pinlock stops working when it gets too cold.

i also find the pinlock slightly affects nightvision

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
the only thing that really works for me in extreme conditions (i.e. when it's freezing cold outside) is my foggy mask, even my pinlock stops working when it gets too cold.

This looks awesome Greg, I'm about to order one but wanted to see if a manufacturer specific breath box might work the same?

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Due to shipping costs and shipping time frame I will be trying this instead. A bit more but looks pretty solid.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Klim-Arctic-Balaclava/dp/B009MOYBHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382904995&sr=8-1&keywords=Klim+Arctic+Balaclava]Klim Arctic Balaclava (2013) : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
This looks awesome Greg, I'm about to order one but wanted to see if a manufacturer specific breath box might work the same?

maybe, it comes with a sticky velcro pad for the chin bar area, so it's a pretty universal fit

also should point out I only paid £10 for mine in the shop. I imagine there must be similar products on your side of the pond

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I had a version of this when I was a MC courier. It was great until I put my glasses on. The nose design meant that the glasses would not sit right.
I still haven't found a decent product for spectacle wearing riders.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see an market opening for drop down prescription transition lenses.
^ Wot he says, revolutionary just like prescription swimming goggles. I think that the curvature of the visor would create design and application issues?

Nelly

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't that little excessive for your case ? It seems it's for very cold weather (at least from description at revzilla)

I think your right, I can't seem to find anything like the foggy. Searching for breath guard is turning up nothing. I was picking this because I also needed a slightly bigger balaclava my Tourmaster Epic has no collar and get's a ton of wind down the shirt this kinda was doing two things for me.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
I think your right, I can't seem to find anything like the foggy. Searching for breath guard is turning up nothing. I was picking this because I also needed a slightly bigger balaclava my Tourmaster Epic has no collar and get's a ton of wind down the shirt this kinda was doing two things for me.

Here are a couple USA sources for the Respro Foggy and similar. I've seen more out there, when I was looking before I got the Pinlock, but can't find them at the moment. :rolleyes:

Respro Foggy Breath Guard Black Anti Fog Helmet Insert | eBay

Respro Foggy Breathguard - Scarves and Masks - Clothing - Clothing :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

BiLT - Fog Shield Mask - Accessories - Helmets - Street - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

Also, Fog City (a Pinlock company) makes stick-on inserts if you want that double glazing solution but Pinlock isn't available:

http://www.fogcitysolutions.com/

http://www.revzilla.com/product/fog-city-pro-shield

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iidL1pmpvWY"]Instruction Video FogCity Lens - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Also, Fog City (a Pinlock company) makes stick-on inserts if you want that double glazing solution but Pinlock isn't available:

Motorcycle Helmet Anti Fog Visor Lens & Solution

Fog City Pro Shield Insert - RevZilla

Instruction Video FogCity Lens - YouTube

It looks like very good solution for non pinlock faceshields ! Good find !

I wish I saw your post ealier. I've just put order with some other stuff revzilla and then I've saw your post. I'm going to shoot them an email if they still can add it to order.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple USA sources for the Respro Foggy and similar. I've seen more out there, when I was looking before I got the Pinlock, but can't find them at the moment. :rolleyes:

Respro Foggy Breath Guard Black Anti Fog Helmet Insert | eBay

Respro Foggy Breathguard - Scarves and Masks - Clothing - Clothing :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

BiLT - Fog Shield Mask - Accessories - Helmets - Street - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

Motorcycle Helmet Anti Fog Visor Lens & Solution

Fog City Pro Shield Insert - RevZilla

I like the fogcity shield idea and may try that. :)

D

Dave.TX

Didn't much have the problem of fogging up with the Bell Vortex and various shields. Now I have a Nolan N104 and the clear shield fogs up rather easily. I purchased the clear pinlock insert and the fogging is gone. It's also very clear unlike the aforementioned Shuberth. Of course it hasn't been that cold in Texas yet either.